Did you mean: 

Missing audible credits?

Jocko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

Due to a new contract with virgin/O2, I was offered and took up a years free Audible membership. This started on 26/2/22.  I have not used any credits since it started. 

My expectation assuming my sums are correct is that I should currently have 9 credits, 1 per month from 26 Feb to 26 Oct inclusive. However I only see 6 credits showing on Audible. 
I thought i might have been mistaken about this so I actively monitored the credits this month. Until yesterday my audible account showed 6 credits and next credit due on 26 Oct. But today my balance is still 6 credits but next credit due has changed to 26 Nov!
Something is not adding up here. I cannot see any way to view a detailed history of credits being applied on either the Audible or the O2 site to identify what might be happening.
Are you able to help me clarify what's going on please? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

All to do with Audible Rollover Credits, @Jocko.

https://www.audible.co.uk/legal/conditions-of-use :

1. c. Rollover Members are allowed to rollover a certain number of unused Credits ("Rollover").
    1. i. Monthly Memberships. 1 Book Monthly members may rollover up to 6 unused Credits to the next month of membership and 2 Book Monthly members may rollover up to 12 unused Credits to the next month of membership. If in any given month a monthly member has more than the permitted number of Rollover Credits, the additional unused credits will automatically expire. Note that Credits purchased through iOS do not expire.
    2. ii. Annual Memberships. 12 Book Annual members may rollover up to 6 unused Credits to the next year of membership and 24 Book Annual members may rollover up to 12 unused Credits to the next year of membership. If in any given renewal date a member has more than the permitted number of Rollover Credits, the additional unused credits will automatically expire.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Jocko 

AFAIK you get 6 free credits max.

If you use one, you will get another etc but never more than 6.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

All to do with Audible Rollover Credits, @Jocko.

https://www.audible.co.uk/legal/conditions-of-use :

1. c. Rollover Members are allowed to rollover a certain number of unused Credits ("Rollover").
    1. i. Monthly Memberships. 1 Book Monthly members may rollover up to 6 unused Credits to the next month of membership and 2 Book Monthly members may rollover up to 12 unused Credits to the next month of membership. If in any given month a monthly member has more than the permitted number of Rollover Credits, the additional unused credits will automatically expire. Note that Credits purchased through iOS do not expire.
    2. ii. Annual Memberships. 12 Book Annual members may rollover up to 6 unused Credits to the next year of membership and 24 Book Annual members may rollover up to 12 unused Credits to the next year of membership. If in any given renewal date a member has more than the permitted number of Rollover Credits, the additional unused credits will automatically expire.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Yep, thought so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Jocko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks this was the reason. Thanks also to MI5 for similar info. I contacted audible who confirmed this as the issue but restored the missing credits as a gesture of goodwill. Result.

Great community, the help was much appreciated. 

Message 6 of 6