Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage my O2 Wifi Account Button Not Working

TWF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been experiencing delays in signing onto free Wifi on my Android device over the last few days, so I thought it best to check the devices that I have registered. However, the 'Manage my O2 Wifi account' button doesn't appear to do anything after signing in on the 'https://accounts.o2.co.uk/' webpage. Is there a technical problem? I am not a O2 phone customer so I only have a free wifi account and I can't seem to find a contact number (the number given to me by the Live Chat was only for O2 phone customers).

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TWF @jonsie 

I've reported the issue you've described and our team is looking into it - as soon as I have an update I will let you know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Interestingly, it works when on O2's data network, but not when on my home WiFi, @jonsie. And @EmilieT

O2 4G:

Screenshot_20190520-205045__01.jpg

Virginmedia WiFi:

Screenshot_20190520-205132__01.jpg

Message 13 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've had similar problems with Virgin's security settings in the router before now.
Had to tweak them to allow access to certain sites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've had similar problems with Virgin's security settings in the router before now.

Actually, I see the same 403 error when connected to my BT Business Broadband WiFi here as well, before people start fiddling with their ADSL/WiFi router settings, @MI5

I've experienced similar when trying to top-up various family members' PAYG phones too, come to think of it - but the top-up system at the back-end had been going through a ropy patch, so I didn't raise it as an issue at the time. 

O2's cookie-handling and session-handshaking can be a bit hit-or-miss... 

Message 15 of 23

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I have Virginedia too so it possibly is a router issue. I'm not knowledgeable enough to start tweaking routers unfortunately.

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just the security settings in the router console jonsie.
Try temp turning off all security to see if it makes any difference or not then work up from there until the page fails to load.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's just the security settings in the router console jonsie.
Try temp turning off all security to see if it makes any difference or not then work up from there until the page fails to load.

Mmn...I give that a go thanks @MI5 smiling

Message 18 of 23

TWF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning EmilieT, I know that you said that you would get back to me when you have an update, so I’m sorry to pester you but do you know when this is like to be fixed please as I’m still getting the error on all browsers and the app on all devices. Many thanks.

Message 19 of 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TWF wrote:

Good morning EmilieT, I know that you said that you would get back to me when you have an update, so I’m sorry to pester you but do you know when this is like to be fixed please as I’m still getting the error on all browsers and the app on all devices. Many thanks.

Hey @TWF, I'm afraid I have no further update at the moment, it is still being looked into. For now, if you need any general assistance with your O2 WiFi, I'd advise to get in touch with Customer service. If there's anything urgent you need help with as well, I can get our gurus to take a look for you too  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 23