Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage My Device

mkirkwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

High everyone. I've just upgraded my old Samsung Galaxy S4 to a new Galaxy A50. I needed a new SIM as the old micro SIM wouldn't fit in the nano SIM slot on the A50 and successfully kept my phone number. 

Everything is working perfectly but when I log in to "My O2", it shows the correct number, the same one I've had for decades but still says I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 not the new A50. I tried deleting my device from "My O2" and adding it again in the hope it would ask for my phone number and the IMEI number of the device I'm using but it just went back to saying I've still got the old S4.

When I go to "Manage My Device" it shows the IMEI and PUK for the old phone and SIM but there appears to be no way of changing it.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It will update automatically, mine took almost a month. You can edit the make of phone on the My O2 landing page, I changed mine in the app. Just click on the little 'pencil' icon at the side of the name. The IMEI will update over the next couple of weeks.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @mkirkwood 

If you can't change it yourself, you will need to call customer services to update your account details

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It will update automatically, mine took almost a month. You can edit the make of phone on the My O2 landing page, I changed mine in the app. Just click on the little 'pencil' icon at the side of the name. The IMEI will update over the next couple of weeks.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Mine never updated @jonsie when I changed to the Note 8. I had to ring customer services

I just presumed it was because I was sim only...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's probably the easiest way but I never bothered with calling customer service. Mine was automatic but took time. Sim only here too.

Message 5 of 5