Did you mean: 

Lead account number change

ksm1701
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I recently switched my family's three SIMs (including mine) over to O2 but all under my name/account. The issue I have is that O2 sees the lead account as being my wife's number, rather than mine. Is there a way to change the lead number to mine without messing up any existing Volt or Loyalty benefits?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ksm1701 

The lead number is usually the one that has been on the network the longest so maybe they set your wife's number up first.

If you go into the shared data options in your MyO2 you used to be able to change the lead device in there, but if you're not trying to set up data sharing it really doesn't matter at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ksm1701 

The lead number is usually the one that has been on the network the longest so maybe they set your wife's number up first.

If you go into the shared data options in your MyO2 you used to be able to change the lead device in there, but if you're not trying to set up data sharing it really doesn't matter at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would leave well enough alone as long as you are getting Volt benefits on all your accounts

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I agree with @jonsie leave well alone.. 

Too many variables for this to be broken.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4