Did you mean: 

It’s my phone... but my ex’s account

CaughtInATrap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So here’s the deal...
Several years ago my partner at the time decided to get me a smartphone from o2 because I was terrible at replying. Since then of course, things happen - we broke up. I have not spoken to her for years but I still had the contract with o2.
Since then I have logged into myo2 on my device to change account details when I needed to update billing method etc. Pretty much everything has been changed over apart from her name within the account.

I currently have a monthly sim and a couple of months left on a device plan. I want to leave. I’ve realised that o2 is charging me an excruciating amount in comparison to other providers and I want to settle the device plan and cancel the contract.

BUT I CAN’T!!

There’s no place to do it on the internet, the automated phone service or from within Myo2. When I call the reps directly and tell them that I’m not my ex they’ve simply stated - you can’t cancel the contract!
I’m in a trap... reaching out to my ex is something I simply won’t do - reasons undisclosed. Do I pretend to be woman? Or that I’ve had a sex change? I’m too honest as it is to try and fool their CS, I hate lying

Can someone please let me know a way I can resolve this... the account has practically been mine all these years, it’s my address, my bank card... just definitely not my girlfriend anymore

Help me someone pleeeease
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@CaughtInATrap 

Yes, any bills due will be taken from the billing account on the system.

Just request your PAC at anytime and use it to move networks. When your number ports, the old contract is immediately cancelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@CaughtInATrap 

You can cancel simply by sending a text 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

CaughtInATrap
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are you referring to PAC and STAC codes? What happens to the settlement on the device that route? Is it just debited out of my account?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@CaughtInATrap 

Yes, any bills due will be taken from the billing account on the system.

Just request your PAC at anytime and use it to move networks. When your number ports, the old contract is immediately cancelled.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

CaughtInATrap
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My saviour, thanks for the help!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

You're welcome @CaughtInATrap thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6