cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with My O2 app (Android)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello O2.

I'm on a 30-day pay monthly tariff, and for the first time recently I ran out of data partway through my billing month and needed to buy a data bolt-on to see me through the remainder of the month.  When I tried to do this through the My O2 app, the experience wasn't quite as I'd expect.

When I received the SMS warning that I'd used up my data, I went into the app and selected the prominent message saying something along the lines of "You've run out of data.  Buy more." (paraphrasing, can't remember the exact wording).

I was expecting this to take me to the screen to buy a data bolt-on, but instead it took me to a screen to change my monthly tariff.  This seems bogus for two reasons:

1. Running out of data might only be a one-off occurrence that only needs a one-off data bolt-on to fix, not a permanent increase in the monthly fee.

2. Changing tariff only comes into effect at the beginning of the next billing month, so it doesn't immediately provide more data allowance, and a further bolt-on purchase is still required.

This seems to be a bit of a mistake in the way the app works (although a cynical person might see how such a mistake would benefit O2 if lots of customers mistakenly increase their tariff unnecessarily).

Please can an O2 bod pass this message on to your app dev team and ask them to consider whether this should be fixed?

Kind regards,

JM

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
@MercedesS @Martin-O2
Over to you guys.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This is not o2 you are talking to. We are all customers like you. The admin team can feed this back for you 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Ideally it should, as you would expect, take you straight to the data bolt ons. 

Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll look into the matter right now and post any updates as we get them. If you could I have sent you a PM to request more information so please

If you could please let us know your Mobile make and model Mobile software version... 

I have an Iphone and I am PAYG so, not able to check for you sorry. 

Thanks, @MI5@jonsie and @Anonymous for the help! heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5