Did you mean: 

Is this email genuine? Further changes to your Direct Debit

SuperMobile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Folks,

This email has arrived today, can you confirm if this is genuine?

The FAQ link o2.co.uk/ddchange leads to a page cannot be found

I have removed the account numbers!

Many thanks

---

Further changes to your Direct Debit - FOR INFO ONLY, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING

Account No:

Your Direct Debit has changed - you don't need to do anything.
This is for information only.
We've made a small change to our banking and the way we collect Direct Debit payments.
The Direct Debit for your airtime (minutes, texts and data) will change. We've cancelled your old Direct Debit and we've set up a new one to replace it.

If you've purchased an O2 Device Plan in addition to your O2 Airtime plan, you'll now have just one Direct Debit instead of two separate Direct Debits.

Just a reminder, if you have a Virgin Mobile handset loan agreement, you'll continue to pay separately for that, via Virgin Media Mobile Finance Ltd.
This change doesn't alter the amount you pay us.

You don't need to do anything

This replaces your original Direct Debit(s). This change won't affect your payment date. You may notice your bank / building society statement has a comment about a 'final payment' under our original details and a 'first payment' under our new details.
What this means for you

In the next few days you'll notice a new Direct Debit has been set up, for your Airtime Plan, with a new reference:

Service User Number:
Direct Debit Reference Number:

Your regular payments and the service you receive from us will carry on as normal. We've told your bank / building society about the change, so they may get in touch with you.
You don't need to take any action.

If you'd like to view your O2 account and billing information, the best way to do this is via My O2 (via the My O2 app or online at o2.co.uk/myo2).

And if you have any queries, please visit our FAQs: o2.co.uk/ddchange

Our Direct Debit Guarantee still stands

You'll be glad to know that you can continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee (see below).

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146199 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@SuperMobile 

Yes it's genuine.

You are being moved to the new billing system.

O2 System Updates – 360 - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146199 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@SuperMobile 

Yes it's genuine.

You are being moved to the new billing system.

O2 System Updates – 360 - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7034 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

Yes. As they update the payment system it means that in some cases they need to create a new direct debit and cancel the old

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3