Did you mean: 

Internet abroad

jannesnellen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,
I have left the UK 3 months ago to go home (to the Netherlands) due to COVID-19. I am planning on coming back but that will probably be early 2021...

I was wondering how long O2 will be supporting me. How long will I have access to internet, texing and calling?

I am currently having problems connecting to the internet and I was wondering if that's because of the bad weather or because I haven't been in the UK for 3 months now?

I hope I can stay with O2 because I have been happy with it for over 1.5 years now. 

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

xxxxx xxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @jannesnellen 

If you want to remain with O2, who SHOULD try and be understanding with people abroad/covid 19, you could always call them on any of the numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best number to call.

However, as you aren't planning on returning until 2021 they may not be so understanding.

Also, as you are struggling to get internet now, the process of cutting you off has probably already begun.

You lose nothing by calling them.They open at 8am

Also, your best bet is to get a local sim now and start transferring your contacts over.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@jannesnellen Please take a look here: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/roamfairuse

Roaming in our Europe Zone is included in your tariff, so you can use data, make calls and send texts just like you do at home. However, this service is only available for occasional travel (like holidays or short breaks), and not for long stays abroad.

Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this, we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as over usage.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @jannesnellen 

If you want to remain with O2, who SHOULD try and be understanding with people abroad/covid 19, you could always call them on any of the numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best number to call.

However, as you aren't planning on returning until 2021 they may not be so understanding.

Also, as you are struggling to get internet now, the process of cutting you off has probably already begun.

You lose nothing by calling them.They open at 8am

Also, your best bet is to get a local sim now and start transferring your contacts over.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3