Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Number

Morphaniel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to make an insurance claim and need proof of my IMEI number - all of my documentation is electronic.

There are several responses to this question stating that the IMEI number is available on MyO2 but I cannot find it... can someone actually route me through to the right place? I have also looked through all of my contract 'paperwork' PDFs and cannot find it there eitheer - my phone was an upgrade bought from the O2 shop over the web.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Morphaniel wrote:

Sort of...

@MI5is precisely right... on a mobile phone, this option/page exists and it gives you the IMEI number. There is no such option on the standard website, so I am assuming that this page is interactive on a phone and doing a live read of the number from the device.

It's online too but a bit more difficult to find.

If you click on "More" and choose "unlock my device" it is listed there.

Also, customer services will give you a letter to send off to your insurance quoting the imei number that you are using on the network. 

My apologies for not understanding exactly what you wanted.

imei.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It’s under device details in your MyO2 assuming it has updated with the correct phone.
It’s also on the phone box it came in or call customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Morphaniel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the problem - answers keep referring to 'device details' but I have no such section in MYO2...

MyO2 knows what device I have because it says to 'Manage my Samsung SM-G930F' under my phone number when I log in... this section takes me to the billing dashboard. There is nothing on here that covers my device details.

There is also the 'Device Plan' section which has reams of documentation about my device payment credit plan, none of which includes my IMEI number.

If you could tell me the title of the panel in the ;My Device' dashboard is supposed to have the IMEI number that would be useful - I have panels titled 'Usage', 'June Airtime Bill', 'Upgrade', 'Offers, 'Device Plan' and 'Extra Charges'.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’m on mobile now so I logged in here https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/?disambiguation_id=4b007db7-a940-4d11-8038-03803ed3a4ab then scrolled to the very bottom of the page and it’s 3 options up from the bottom.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Morphaniel and welcome to the forum smiley Have you managed to find your IMEI number with the latest pointers @MI5 shared above?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Morphaniel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sort of...

@MI5is precisely right... on a mobile phone, this option/page exists and it gives you the IMEI number. There is no such option on the standard website, so I am assuming that this page is interactive on a phone and doing a live read of the number from the device.

But I am not looking just for the IMEI number (which I assume you can still get by entering the * code in the dialler, which is easy enough...). What I need is contractual paperwork from O2 that includes the IMEI number to prove that I legally own the phone.

What I will do now, is screenshot the page on my mobile (which also has the phone number) and then send it with an airtime bill from O2 to the insurance company and hope they accept it.

It is all very frustrating because my wife is with EE and all of her contractual paperwork includes the IMEI number. Given the essential nature of this for insurance claims nowadays I think O2 could do a great deal better...

But not you guys faults - you were very helpful! Just not quite a full solution, I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Morphaniel wrote:

Sort of...

It's online too but a bit more difficult to find.

If you click on "More" and choose "unlock my device" it is listed there.

Also, customer services will give you a letter to send off to your insurance quoting the imei number that you are using on the network. 

My apologies for not understanding exactly what you wanted.

imei.PNG

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7