Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID theft

Grahame-C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had my ID stolen and someone pretending to be me have been allowed by O2 to obtain aphone or SIM without having their ID properly verified, how do I know this because it wasn't me. O2 now regularly hassle me for money via a debt recovery agency despite being informed of my sittuation. This affects my credit rating and Experian have also contacted O2 on my behalf, they still do not acknowledge. Can I speak to someone direct from O2 who can help? No, I get pushed from pillar to post. For a communications company O2 are impossible to communicate with (unless they make money out of the exchange of course). Please can someone give me a contact number of someone in O2 who I can get through to fairly quickly and who can solve this problem without putting me on hold and passing me onto someone else?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Grahame-C  

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Customer service numbers and how to use Skype are in the link below.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Grahame-C

If you have been a victim of identity theft, then you need to also report to Action Fraud or 101

If someone has got your information, then im afraid they have all the information needed to get an account with any company as they have your what is known as PII data (Personally Identifiable Information).

Let me also tag @O2Waqas and o2simon as they might be able to add some more insight for you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@madasaf1sh Thank you for the tag

@Grahame-C Apologies you're experiencing issues getting through to the correct team. I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 4 of 4