Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought aura was a scam!

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I got my first notification from aura that I was getting a bill. 

I ignored it as thought it was a scam - I'd never even heard of aura, and certainly didn't associate it with O2. Why would something I'd never heard of send me a bill?

I had to make a search to see what it might be, then come onto this forum to get some detail. 

Seems daft to use aura without prior advice that our O2 notifications which we've had for years are changing. Especially when we're being warned about an increase in scams during the coronavirus. 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Did you upgrade your MyO2 settings lately, @Fellwalker?  It is annoying getting the O2 "Your bill is... " SMS, and then a few hours later, Aura pesters you too... But rather one too many reminders than none at all. You can disable the Aura one. 

Message 2 of 6

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've not updated it but the play store auto updates apps. The version on my phone is 11.8.30 and when I check the play store it shows version 11.9.23 dated 10 June ready to be installed overnight.

Whether I can mute it doesn't matter--it is bad manners to change the name on notifications without warning,especially when scams are rife.
Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 3 of 6

Janx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi pgn - you say we can disable the Aura billing message. Can you please give some details of how?
Message 4 of 6

rs10101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the update, the popup now says "Aura: notifications:notifications.invoice-payment-due.pushText"

Still can't get my bills though because the backend billing system doesn't work properly..

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Fellwalker , just came across your topic here and it's lovely to see you again on the community after so long! Hope you've been well.

We're actually in contact with the Aura team on our end so happy to pass on your feedback. thumbsup

Message 6 of 6