cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Nuisance Calls from O2 themselves?

geels01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So first of all, it took me over 3 times to actually get this message posted? It's almost like o2 dont want their customers getting help? I'm getting really frustated with the lack of clear answers.

I want to know how to stop O2 from contacting me. I got a text through just before the weekend informing me I was due an upgrade. Since that text over the weekend I've had 14 calls from their call centres in Wales. Haven't been able to answer any as I've been working the entire weekend. 1 or 2 calls is neither here nor there, but 14 is borderline harrassment, especially when my Contract Preferences are all unticked and state that I do not want contacting about anything. All different numbers so its not like I can block and be done with it.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@geels01 

I'm not aware that O2 have any call centres in Wales so are probably partners trying to upgrade you.

Block the numbers and only deal with O2 directly when you are ready.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Go into your MyO2 and make sure all marketing options are as you expect - occasionally, they get reset, mysteriously, @geels01.

Screenshot_20200622-233048__01.jpg

Message 3 of 14

geels01
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just checked them before I made this post after getting frustrated and they're still there and all unticked so its definitely on my account that I don't want contacting
Message 4 of 14

geels01
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 When I google the numbers, sites such as who-callsme and other nuisance call reporting sites state that they've identified themselves as o2 calling for upgrades

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@geels01 

Lots of 3rd party resellers will try and pass themselves off as a network to get you to upgrade with them.

It is our experience that they are just out to make a fast buck and some are just outright deceitful.

We always tell customers never to upgrade from a cold call because of this.

There are lots of horror stories on here if you search, particularly a company called Aerial Direct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@geels01 They are most likely companies that O2 describes as 'trusted partners'. Block the numbers. You can check your MyO2 page occassionally to see if and when you qualify for an upgrade. You can then contact O2 yourself. You don't need cold callers telling you what you can have and when you can have it.

How to block a number:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 14

geels01
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino I've blocked them all, majority of the calls came from different numbers except 3 that came from the same number so it seems there's no stopping. I get that everyone gets the occasional nuisance call sometimes, I block them when they happen and go about my day but this is excessive.

Message 8 of 14

geels01
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I understand companies sell our data to third parties that we agree to when we sign up to the t&c's and everything but when I tell o2 I don't want to be upgraded that does that mean they then shrug it off and say 'well we can't contact you because you've opted out but the companies we sell your data to can' ? will 100% reconsider staying with o2 if that's the case, honestly disappointing because I've never had any issues before at all even around upgrade time 

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We all believe O2 changed our contact preferences and sold on our numbers a while back. Of course O2 denied it but you can't hide the fact that many of us checked and found all our preferences set to allow contact from 3rd parties etc.

It took a long time to block all the calls and get removed from the lists. 

Telling them that they are calling a business phone that you don't have any control over usually gets rid of them.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14