cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read OTP SMS sent to the mobile number linked to my account when have no such mobile device

Mogador
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had an O2 mobile broadband account for many years which works fine but I cannot access any OTP or any SMS sent to the mobile number associated with the account as I don't have any device using this number. So I cannot set or reset a password in order to set up a My O2 account. How can I arrange to get all service messages from O2 sent  to my e-mail? If anyone is able to read this and can help please e-mail me john2014temp**Personal info**

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144970 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Mogador 

You can't get them diverted but if you login to the router's control panel, you will see your messages there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10278 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Mogador 

Your only option is to put the sim card in a phone temporarily to receive the text messages.. 

You cant get these messages sent by email.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Mogador
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks to all for the prompt, informative and helpful replies. I think I'll visit my local O2 shop, who have always been very helpful. I'm 79 today and not up to speed with the technology.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144970 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Mogador 

Happy birthday.

This help is for a Vodafone mobile broadband device but they all work in a similar way.

Page 14 shows you where to find messages.

Vodafone Mobile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5