8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Lucas1 

Depends on your TV's capabilities.

Check the manual for your TV for details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Lucas1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Jvc new TV, but the network can't find me Internet.  Its no problem about TV its about me account 02

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Lucas1 

You need to enable your hotspot on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Me TV works OK @jonsie 

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Lucas1 

How do you connect to mobile internet ? Through your 'phone or through a mobile router ? 

Do you have something like this ?

O2 | Search Result

https://www.o2.co.uk/searchresult?query=mobile+wifi&referrerPageUrl=https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm happy that both your tv and my tv work via the phone @MI5 

BUT

my only connection is in an emegency when the great Virginmedia takes it's once a month sabbatical usually during a Netflix or Disney+ choice of evening viewing. Because the O2 network is pretty diarrhea round this area so cue fairly regular buffetting and high battery drain on mobile.

Seems to work ok on the Firestick though.  O2 only to be used once the much better EE has reached it's data limit!!

So, assuming (yeah I know 😉) that there are no other connections and knowing O2's t&c's re the correct sim being used for devices plus their allegedly hidden fup's and not even to whisper about the widespread poor 4G and even less widespead 5G half decent network coverage (takes a breath) then...... I foresee issues acomin'

I have seen the future and it is much like the present only longer.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@jonsie 

As you have articulated, there's the world of difference between using a hotspot as an occasional back-up and using it as you main internet connection. 

You mention the "high battery drain on mobile". In addition to the need to charge the handset repeatedly, there is also the long-term battery degradation issue that constant use of the hotspot creates. 

I used a Samsung Galaxy S8 as a hotspot quite a lot in the early days of Covid. I completely ruined the battery after about seven months and had to return it to Samsung for replacement. The cost was eye-watering. 

We still do not know how @Lucas1 actually accesses the internet - 'phone or mobile router ?   

Message 9 of 9