Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my personal details?

Zoho
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I need to change my address so I can order a phone but My02 keeps sending a code to my broken phone. How can I change my address when I cannot receive the code?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoho
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, I should have mentioned I tried to do that but they just cancel the chat line. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Thanks for trying to help.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Zoho , Do you have an old phone or does anyone else in your household have a phone? If so you can remove the sim card from your broken phone and put it into a working one. You will then be able to receive the code.

signature
Message 2 of 14

Zoho
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for trying to help. My old Nokia phone will not accept the 02 SIM. I can't find a customer chat line either. If you have any other ideas please let me now. Thank you.

Message 3 of 14

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Zoho , 

Unfortunately Webchat is down due to Covid-19, the only way you will be able to get that code is by putting your sim into a working device. You can buy sim adaptors online that will enable you to put a smaller sim into an old nokia device. 

signature
Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

Zoho
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. My Nokia 3310 will not accept other phone companies SIMs I can fit the SIM but its blocked, as it seems tied to Virgin network. I cancelled Virgin to move to 02.

I wonder if I can just buy an 02 phone without going via my02 and providing phone details, as its the secure code which is the issue?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you can get through to customer service https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You can buy a sim free phone from the o2 website, or anywhere like Argos or Amazon (or your local supermarket probably). Just make sure it is either sim free and unlocked or on o2.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 14

Zoho
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you.

Do you know how to unlock a Nokia phone so I can use my 02 SIM?

Message 10 of 14