Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail address change for O2 Online Payment receipts

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

How do I change the e-mail address associated with the automated receipts that are sent out when I pay my Airtime or Device Plan bills using the MyO2 Wallet?

I thought I had it cracked last month, through an  O2 Service Chat [#2036****], but clearly that was misunderstood or ill-executed based on the e-mail receipt I have just received for my on-line O2 Wallet payment for May/June...

The e-mail header on the receipt looks like this, if it helps or prompts any memories:

20**Personal info** 23_11_31-Your recent O2 Online Payment (KMM1645084058I15977L0KM) - p.g.newman**Personal info** -.png

The "To:" field contains a long-defunct O2 e-mail address, no longer accessible.

The Cc: field contains an alternate e-mail address that is closing soon (thank you, Tesco!).

I have changed my O2 Web Account e-mail address, and the Community login address (almost 8 weeks ago now!), so where does this billing subsystem take its information from?

Thanks for any pointers.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

As I logged O2 Service Chat [#20765258] earlier this afternoon to raise the problem for a second time, via the Social Media team this time (if that still makes any difference!), I think I now have just got to wait and see if their modifications have made it as far as the MyO2 Card Payment "invoicing" (or receipt-generating) mechanism.clock

Great that you were able to replicate it, @Anonymous,and that you also find it to be somewhat out-of-date! worried

@Martin-O2 or @Marjo or @EmilieTmay be able to punt beat_up it to the relevant team just to be sure, to be sure...

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@pgn Have you spoken to anyone in customer service? The only other suggestion I would make is perhaps some help from @Martin-O2 or @Marjo or @EmilieT

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the issue @pgn is that these email address are linked to the O2 paymentwallet which is no longer supported, not the billing subsystem which takes its email information from myO2 login email. There is no obvious route to any wallet settings, anywhere, I'm surprised you are still able to make payments using it.

I'd move to a different payment method which will notify using your main my02 email address, before Tesco closes it's email service and you lose all wallet notifications completely.

Message 3 of 20

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the issue @pgn is that these email address are linked to the O2 paymentwallet which is no longer supported, not the billing subsystem which takes its email information from myO2 login email. There is no obvious route to any wallet settings, anywhere, I'm surprised you are still able to make payments using it.

I'd move to a different payment method which will notify using your main my02 email address, before Tesco closes it's email service and you lose all wallet notifications completely.

My mistake above, @Anonymous - I should have written "MyO2 Card Wallet", still in use and referenced in MyO2 app and MyO2 website, screenshot below.

It is clearly still a viable, valid payment option, as it is referenced in the O2 Help pages and is still allowing you to register a card with it (I had to change my details last year as the payment card I use had expired and I had to key-in the details for the replacement card, without issue).

20**Personal info** 09_35_38-O2 _ Manage payment cards.png

Message 4 of 20

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

pgn Have you spoken to anyone in customer service? The only other suggestion I would make is perhaps some help from Martin-O2 or Marjo or EmilieT

Thanks for tagging-in the board admins,@Bambino, appreciated.

I had a (good, I thought!) WebChat at the beginning of May, which did not work.

So today my mission will be to engage on the phone with O2 CS and see if we can find out where and how to change this.

20**Personal info** 09_47_12-O2 Service Chat [#20364706] - p.g.newman**Personal info** - Gmail.png

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

It is clearly still a viable, valid payment option, as it is referenced in the O2 Help pages and is still allowing you to register a card with it (I had to change my details last year as the payment card I use had expired and I had to key-in the details for the replacement card, without issue).

When you added the card did it ask you for email details? Either way you could try deleting the payment card(s), logging out of my O2 - logging back in and adding the card(s) back. That might either prompt for new email details or populate from held records, which will either be your main email, ideally - or from these legacy ones less than ideally - if the former then the problem will be resolved; if the latter at least you'll have more of a clue as the rogue email detail must be being held in the payment card wallet details.
Message 6 of 20

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Ian159 wrote:

When you added the card did it ask you for email details? Either way you could try deleting the payment card(s), logging out of my O2 - logging back in and adding the card(s) back. That might either prompt for new email details or populate from held records, which will either be your main email, ideally - or from these legacy ones less than ideally - if the former then the problem will be resolved; if the latter at least you'll have more of a clue as the rogue email detail must be being held in the payment card wallet details.

No join between my O2 Card Wallet and the e-mail address they are sending receipts to anywhere, that I can see... 

And because my last card had expired before I changed it a while back, I actually did do exactly as you said, ie delete the dead card and add in the new card. All worked seamlessly. And the e-mail advising me of the removal and addition of card details did actually come to the correct e-mail address, as registered with O2 online.

Not too bothered yet, as although Tesco have said they will terminate access to their e-mail servers at the end of this month, they will continue to forward e-mail... So if you have an "@tesco.net" e-mail address, set up forwarding before the end of June, to another e-mail address - that will work until mid-October (ish).

Still, it's a pain.  A second WebChat today gave me a better vibe, but no clever way to test it until the next time my bill becomes due, alas.Confused

Message 7 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Ian159 wrote:

No join between my O2 Card Wallet and the e-mail address they are sending receipts to anywhere, that I can see... 

And because my last card had expired before I changed it a while back, I actually did do exactly as you said, ie delete the dead card and add in the new card. All worked seamlessly. And the e-mail advising me of the removal and addition of card details did actually come to the correct e-mail address, as registered with O2 online.

Not too bothered yet, as although Tesco have said they will terminate access to their e-mail servers at the end of this month, they will continue to forward e-mail... So if you have an "@tesco.net" e-mail address, set up forwarding before the end of June, to another e-mail address - that will work until mid-October (ish).

Still, it's a pain.  A second WebChat today gave me a better vibe, but no clever way to test it until the next time my bill becomes due, alas.Confused

Good luck next payment date. So this defunct o2 email address was set up years ago and with the demise of O2 email, they continue to send there and the system doesn't recognise that it's sending a receipt to a dead end. Normally a server would inform you of a bouncing email address so it presumably is unmonitored. 

Best of luck because your average advisor would know diddly squat about changing the details. I just hope there is a system in place for informing the relevant department.

Message 8 of 20

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
You'd've thought, @Anonymous - that O2 e-mail address was generated automatically after an upgrade once, and was needed to access online billing way back then. It used to be associated with my main O2 account as a linked account, nothing more.

And so the sins of our past come back to haunt us... tongue_winking
Message 9 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
You'd've thought, @Anonymous - that O2 e-mail address was generated automatically after an upgrade once, and was needed to access online billing way back then. It used to be associated with my main O2 account as a linked account, nothing more.

And so the sims of our past come back to haunt us... tongue_winking

There, fixed it...

Message 10 of 20