Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ on my TV

danco
Level 3: Thinker
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So I have activated the recent extra, it shows as an extra in my O2 account, and my Disney+ account tells me to go to O2 to manage my subscription.

My 2016 Samsung TV has Disney+ as one of its apps, which used to work, but now when I select it all I get is a black screen. I would have expected at least some message even i I did not have an active sub. Can anyone suggest what I need to do to get it to work?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have just got a Roku Streaming Stick and have been spending time setting it up. Disney+ seems OK on it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@danco 

I'd start by checking for an app update.

The app on my LG TV updated recently so I guess there's an update for all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no joy. I had a live chat with Disney+ help, and apparently this is a known problem that they are trying to solve. If it takes more than a day or two to correct, I will be asking O2 to extend my extra for a further month, but no need to do that yet.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

In the meantime, can you cast from a tablet or phone to your TV @danco ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have just got a Roku Streaming Stick and have been spending time setting it up. Disney+ seems OK on it.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Good news

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6