Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bolt On has disappeared

Tristan13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I took out a new SIM-only monthly contract a couple of days ago - 10gb of data per month plus a 5gb monthly Bolt On that I got as part of a special offer. It all went through and showed up correctly on the My O2 app at first. Yesterday I phoned up O2 customer service to get them to transfer my phone number from my old O2 account which was in my dad’s name to the new SIM card. They said this would take up to 24 hours. This morning, my new SIM card started using my old number as I wanted it to, but the 5gb Bolt On disappeared from my monthly data allowance on the My O2 app. It shows up in the Bolt Ons section of the app but isn’t shown on the actual monthly allowance. Do I just need to wait a few hours?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tristan13

It could just be a matter of waiting for it to catch up, however if this was me I would be on the phone to customer services and ask them for reassurance that all is as it should be https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Welcome to the forum by the way..Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tristan13

It could just be a matter of waiting for it to catch up, however if this was me I would be on the phone to customer services and ask them for reassurance that all is as it should be https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Welcome to the forum by the way..Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Tristan13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the welcome as well!
Message 3 of 7

Tristan13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff

I just spoke to them and they said even if it’s not showing correctly they can see the I have the full 15gb allowance, so all good. Thanks for the help!
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @Tristan13 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just be aware that you might get a text warning you are nearly out of data when you actually have plenty left.
o2's systems seem to forget about additional allowances that are added as part of a sale/bonus...

Best thing to do would be to make sure your phone is set up to correctly record your usage and/or get an app that does the same so that you can be confident about your balance.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes the text system only looks at your standard tariff rather than any bolt on.

Message 7 of 7