Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing postal address on pay as you go account

Nat1310
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved house 6 years ago but as I've been on O2 for so long my old address is still attached to my account. I'm trying to order a new phone for delivery online but won't let me as it is insisting on sending it to my old address and my billing address also being my old address with no option to change it.

I looked through the FAQs and it suggests you can change it yourself under billing but I'm thinking that maybe only works for pay monthly customers.

Being a pay as you go customer can I do this myself online or do I need to speak to customer services / go in store?

I remember having quite a lot of issues in the past too trying to buy a new phone a few years back (which I had to do over the phone) and I think they ended up creating a new O2 account for me on an email address that doesn't exist (by adding an extra character to my actual email address and of which I of course can't log into it and would rather stick to my existing account).

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Nat1310 

It isn't possible to change your address on a payg account.

You'll need to register as a new customer with your new address and then just use your old sim when you get new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Nat1310 

It isn't possible to change your address on a payg account.

You'll need to register as a new customer with your new address and then just use your old sim when you get new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Nat1310 

You need to contact O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3