Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing network in busy places

gw84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , just after some advice really, I’ve got a Samsung galaxy 6 phone and I’m on contract with 02.

Whenever I’m in a fairly busy place such as a rugby stadium(approx 10k fans) I just don’t get a signal, my phone is on 4g and this isn’t normally or shouldn’t be a problem.

Is there any way to improve this?

Would it help changing the settings by going into mobile networks and changing something in there,  Maybe changing to 3G or even 2G. Would this work? Would it add charges to my bill doing this?

other fans around me seem to have no problem? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gw84 Sounds like that's what you'll need to do. No point in a good deal with a network if you don't get a signal where you need it. Good luck.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gw84 It doesn't cost anything to switch to 3G or 2G, but your download speed will be slower, but as you're getting no signal, it might be worth trying. It may just be that O2 has a congestion problem in that stadium. Are the other fans on the same network?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

gw84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino, thanks for replying. I’ve asked a couple, one is on. EE and another Vodafone. I’ll try changing see what happens, if not Vodafone will be getting my business 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are many posts on the forum regarding slow 4g data speeds in heavily congested areas.
The normal advice is to switch to the lesser used 3g band which should give you better speeds than the congested 4g band does.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gw84 Sounds like that's what you'll need to do. No point in a good deal with a network if you don't get a signal where you need it. Good luck.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 could improve things as they do at major events with mobile masts, although that tends to be where O2 are concerned such as Twickenham, FA Cup games at Wembly and of couse The O2.

...that would be a lot of stadia to cover though.

Message 6 of 6