Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account name and date of birth

AbbieA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, quite a few years ago my mother set me up on a 02 contract using her name and date of birth. However I now want to be able to have my name and date of birth on this account as I want to be able to keep my number. Is there anyway this would be possible to change the account name and date of birth? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@AbbieA Even if you're paying the bill, technically it's still your mother's contract, so you would have to take out a new contract. It can be a sim only contract if you're happy with the phone you have now, but be aware that as you've not had a contract in your name before you would be subject to a credit check. If you're able to do that, your mother can transfer the number to your name. If you call customer service to do this, both of you would have to be on the call. You could also go into an O2 store to do this, but yet again you would both have to be present, and have identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@AbbieA Even if you're paying the bill, technically it's still your mother's contract, so you would have to take out a new contract. It can be a sim only contract if you're happy with the phone you have now, but be aware that as you've not had a contract in your name before you would be subject to a credit check. If you're able to do that, your mother can transfer the number to your name. If you call customer service to do this, both of you would have to be on the call. You could also go into an O2 store to do this, but yet again you would both have to be present, and have identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2