Did you mean: 

Cannot log into MyO2

George1944
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've recently joined O2 from Virgin Mobile. I previously had a ultimate oomph package with Virgin Media with a Virgin Mobile sim but recently upgraded to a Ultimate Volt Bundle. As part of this, Virgin Media transferred my sim card over to O2. 

When Virgin Media set up the O2 account for me they used the wrong email address to create the account. I called O2 support and they have successfully changed the email address to the correct one. I now receive emails from O2 about bills etc. 

I have however never been able to log into MyO2. When I try to log into MyO2 via the app on my iPhone, it detects an the incorrect email address. I click "use another account" and use the log in details for MyO2 account but get an error message (attached)

O2 App Error.jpg

When I try to log in on via the O2 website, it initially works. I can see a page with my allowances etc. However, when I try to click through to view a bill it takes me back to a sign in page. When I sign in it displays an error message saying and says "click here to resolve".

When I click through this it takes me to a new MyO2 page which says "You don't have any products or services in this My O2 account" I try and add products and services using my mobile number but it says this O2 account is already associated with a MyO2 account.

I have phoned O2 Customer Service a number of times to resolve this issue and each time the customer service assistant says this is done, but it hasn't been resolved. Apparently on their systems the correct email address is being used. Not sure where I can turn for help? It seems my number is still registered to the incorrect email address (which I don't have access to).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@George1944 

As you have contacted O2 on numerous occasions, it's pointless asking you to get in touch again.

I'll ask one of our account advisors to look at this for you but they won't be on until Monday at 8am.

@O2Lisaare you able to help @George1944 please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

George1944
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, thanks Cleoriff. Greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@George1944 

No problem. You will need to come back to this thread on Monday morning. @O2Lisa will want some information from you via private message, so you need to be ready to respond to her.

Best of luck. Hope it gets sorted for you on Monday. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

It does sound like O2 need to tweak something in your account on their side, as  @Cleoriff says above.  One other thing you could try, in the meantime @George1944, is to see if your browser's "Incognito mode" will let you log-in - MyO2's website is particularly sensitive to cookies, especially if you have logged in to the Community first and then go to myo2.co.uk website and try and view your bill (for example):

pgn_0-1653806862525.png

At this point, I'll sign-out of the community, sign out of o2.co.uk, seek-and-destroy all cookies containing o2.co.uk, restart the browser, and try again, starting with log-in to o2.co.uk *first*... 

So I actually have a second browser on my mobile that I use just for MyO2, as switching to "Incognito Mode" on my normal browser, whilst letting me into o2.co.uk, does tend to get in the way of screenshotting anything I need to keep (yeah, true incognito, Smiley's People stuff!).

Good luck, @George1944 

Message 5 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

@George1944 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks so much @O2Lisa x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

DoreenQ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, George, I got same problem, can’t access my O2 app, same information has been shown as your image. Let me know please if you solved the problem. Thx

Message 8 of 8