cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to O2 APP - receiving error message (code 5)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been able to log in to the app for days. Everytime I try my user name and password I get a (code 5) error message on the screen. The user name and password work perfectly ok on my lap top and desk top.

I have reset the password twice and makes no difference.

The twitter team were useless.

The online chat person was not helpful

The help line shifted me between 3 different teams and none of them had a clue.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
Call - Numbers on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Maybe try deleting the App and Re Downloading it too.
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been deleted and reinstalled 4 times now.

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope Customer Services can help then.

If not you could Private Message one of the O2 site staff here whom I'm sure would take a look for you.

@Toby @Anonymous
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same, can't log on using O2 App on phone, Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos (SM-G900FD) but OK via PC. User name and pasword are known to be fine...it is just the App!!!

Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
See if you can log in on a different phone worth an o2 sim in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 25

jm196703
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue on a Lumia 930 Windows Phone. All software is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled the My O2 app. Username and password works with no issue on a browser, it's just an issue with app; error message code 5

Message 8 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 126004 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jm196703 wrote:

I am having the same issue on a Lumia 930 Windows Phone. All software is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled the My O2 app. Username and password works with no issue on a browser, it's just an issue with app; error message code 5

This seems to be happening to quite a few people recently. I wonder if @Toby or @Anonymous have any news as to why this keeps happening and why people are getting the same error code 5? Toby said he would be looking into it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby and MarinaP have both failed to respond to messages.

Message 10 of 25