Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caffe Nero and Greggs both closed when I went to redeem rewards

Pleiades
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both Google and the shop's respective apps said they would be open so I clicked on 'Use Now' in the O2 Rewards app - but when I got there, they were closed, with no explanation (eg staff shortage, Covid restrictions et al).  

Of course then O2 Rewards said that the voucher had been used (as I had activated it) thus I couldn't use either of them on another day or time.

Not a big deal, just a bit frustrating.  Should be some way of re-setting the voucher in such instances?  🤔

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Never rely on any Priority offer

Even if you had saved it until ou got to the till you would have been told that there are limited numbers free!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Pleiades A local store being closed is out of O2's control. You can contact O2 via social media and see if they can help:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Pleiades 

Blame Greggs and Cafe (RipOff) Nero for not updating their websites and Apps and never trust Google with opening times, 99.999999% of the time its wrong.

Where I live some Greggs where open,  and some where closed, it was random.

I can see why o2 / Greggs / Cafe Nero dont allow this as it would be open to abuse.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Surely the obvious answer is to just click on use now when you are actually at the till?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Pleiades
  • 37 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Errr yes, in retrospect that *would* have been the best solution but I was trying to be clever and have it (the QR code) nice and ready as I was in a rush to go to the cinema  😳

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Never rely on any Priority offer

Even if you had saved it until ou got to the till you would have been told that there are limited numbers free!

Message 6 of 7

Pleiades
  • 37 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

LOL It was the first time I've ever tried to use them, just my luck!  😄  Hate queuing and people faffing about with their phones so I wanted to be ready to get in and out (I have social anxiety, GAD, OCD & a lot of other acronyms)...  😕

As I said, no biggie.  But yeah, best not to rely on internet search opening hours.  Just went to pick up prescription at an 'open' Chemist but of course... (yeah I know it's Bank Holiday but was just hoping, being on my last tablet)...  😳

Message 7 of 7