cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android o2 App crashing while updating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have an idea on ho I can stop the MyO2 app from crashing on my Nexus 5?

It loads, and accepts my pin, and while loading it updates roughly until it gets to my data allowance then stops..

I've uninstalled, re-loaded and nothing fixes it.   It works fine on my old iPhone so not suspecting its an account issue.  

Screenshot_2014-09-11-13-33-40.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Samvjones
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am having the exact same problem on my Nexus 5 like you everything is up to date and every now and then the app updates and can use it for a little while but more often than  not it crashes just as yours does. I have done the clearing cache etc, reinstalled etc and just doesnt want to load. You say it crashes at the data section - you can scroll down whilst it is loading and can see that all the page loads its just on completion it crashes. Do you send a bug report to O2 it is worth doing just so they get an indication there is something wrong. The annyong this is the website does not like the fact that are not using the app which  makes viewing your account fun!

Sam

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the same issue on sony xperia Z3 compact. I've cleared data and cache, and sent bug reports, but all to no avail. I hope it get's fixed soon, it's a pretty essential app.

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe @Toby or @Anonymous who are site management can investigate and feed this back.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Has any solution been found for this problem? I have exactly the same with my HTC One M8. I have also uninstalled, reinstalled etc etc. The app hasn't worked for months. I've sent loads of bug reports but it makes no difference. Just upgraded to Lollipop but the problem goes way back before that so it is not an OS problem. Very disappointed with O2. As an unhappy previous Vodafone customer I expected more.

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just managed to fix this on my phone by disabling the myO2 app in LastPass
Message 15 of 15