Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding second mobile number to "My O2"

Ant21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Back again with another conundrum!  I have two O2 PAYG numbers that I use for different purposes.  One is registered to "My O2", and I have just been trying to add the second number.  I click the "Add products and services" link, enter the other mobile number as directed and then click the "Text me a code" button.  However a message then comes up "Identity not found", no text is received and I am unable to complete the process.  The other mobile number IS active and happily receiving texts and calls from other sources, so I don't understand the problem.       

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Ant21 

You can only add a PAYG number to a MyO2 with an attached pay monthly account.

Two PAYG accounts cannot be combined unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Ant21 

You can only add a PAYG number to a MyO2 with an attached pay monthly account.

Two PAYG accounts cannot be combined unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bumblebox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not only can you no longer link a PAYG number with another PAYG number, you also cannot link a PAYG number to a Pay Monthly number. Only Pay Monthly numbers can be linked now. You will have to have a separate MyO2 account for each PAYG number. 

Message 3 of 3