Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate new SIM

DiF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 days ago I upgraded my Samsung mobile for a new one through Carphone Warehouse, online.  After inserting the new SIM card, I noticed calls went directly to voicemail.  Carephone Warehouse tell me that the SIM card has not been activated yet.  I would have thought that after 2 days this would have been done ??   I checked on the website and see that the SIM swap page is telling me to text to 20220 to activate the card, but the message will not go through, even though I put on Mobile Data.  I seem to be going round in circles trying to get my phone to work.  Any advice greatfully received, thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DiF 

There is a big backlog currently.

Everyone seems to be waiting.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

DiF
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh I see.  Well I guess that explains it then !     I was just concerned there might be something wrong.  But thank you for your quick response.  

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just hang on mate....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

DiF
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Its been 10 days now and still no activation of my new SIM card.  I queried this on the 02 page of FB and they replied saying how frustrating it was for me (!), and referred me back yet again to the webpage that tells me to text SIM to 20220.  I do this regularly, but still there is no network, so there is either massive problems somewhere, or there is only 1 person working through all the backlog.

Im not sure what else I am missing from not having the SIM activated, but certainly I cannot pay with my Tesco app when shopping, but at least the wi fi works in the house.  I try calling my mobile twice a day to check, but still it goes into voicemail.  Its getting very annoying now. 

Thank you for your interest and help.  

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions