Did you mean: 

Account missing after transferring over from VM

DrummerBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have two mobile contracts that were transferred over from Virgin Mobile to O2. I haven't had reason to look at my online account before now as we've had no issues with the services, but as I look now (for interest) I can only see one of the two mobile numbers listed. Any ideas on what's happened and how it can be resolved?

Ideally a phone number to talk this through would be great, but this telecommunications company likes to make it hard to communicate directly with them!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@DrummerBoy - check the e-mail address associated with the missing one, they will have sent you details for 2 x MyO2 accounts, as the ability to link multiple devices under one account was removed until O2 have finished moving all their legacy customers and many new VM customers to the new System 360 accounting system promised over a year ago. Otherwise, as mentioned on this thread, contact O2. You can use Social Media via the link below to contact O2 as well. Keep pestering them periodically, squeaky wheel etc... Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 10

DrummerBoy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the phone number. I'm sat in a queue now (honestly, I can't remember the last time I called a company and wasn't told they were experiencing higher than usual call volumes...) and hopefully they can resolve it.

Message 3 of 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

It is usually said @DrummerBoy that just after 8.00am is the best time to 'phone O2 ; call volumes are fewer at that time of day and you have more chance of connecting with a UK call centre with their more experienced staff. 

Did your problem get resolved ?  

Message 4 of 10

pgn
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@DrummerBoy - check the e-mail address associated with the missing one, they will have sent you details for 2 x MyO2 accounts, as the ability to link multiple devices under one account was removed until O2 have finished moving all their legacy customers and many new VM customers to the new System 360 accounting system promised over a year ago. Otherwise, as mentioned on this thread, contact O2. You can use Social Media via the link below to contact O2 as well. Keep pestering them periodically, squeaky wheel etc... Good luck!

Message 5 of 10

DrummerBoy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the responses. My query wasn’t resolved. The suggestion was to download the MyO2 app on the other phone and it might magically work, but without knowing the email address registered to that number, that didn’t work.

Interestingly, the direct debit emails for both numbers were sent to the same email address, then I guess it went a bit pear-shaped at O2’s end.

I imagine that the answer is that there is no email address associated with that number, so I will call again at 8am tomorrow and see if I can get it resolved.

Message 6 of 10

Oxonian
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Good luck @DrummerBoy and please let us know how you get on. 

Message 7 of 10

DrummerBoy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called this morning (thanks @Oxonian, calling just after 8am did help me avoid the queue, still connected to an Indian call centre but I was fine with that), did seem to be a case that the second account just hadn't been set up properly, so that's now been sorted and I can access the account through a different e-mail address.

And @pgn, I read your comment about not being able to access multiple devices under one account. The amusing part is that I have just set up a new contract for my daughter, and that was fine to go into the same account as my main one! So now I have the bizarre situation of having three devices across two accounts but being unable to consolidate this to one account. Perhaps it will be possible in the future, but at the moment I can't say I think much of O2's infrastructure...

Message 8 of 10

pgn
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

I think O2 would like you to think of it as a "work in progress", @DrummerBoy 😂

Good to hear the "call shortly after 8am" trick does help avoid the queues.

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Glad to hear that you are sorted @DrummerBoy ; we know what you mean about O2's infrastructure not being fit for purpose ! 👍

Message 10 of 10