Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Login/Verification email problems

AlexMac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having to write this logged in to my partners o2 account because I can't get in to mine!

Ordered a new PAYG phone this morning, all appears to have gone through, but no email confirmation received. I've also had major problems logging in to the new O2 account I had to set up to order it.

At first I was able to log in, but kept hitting the 'verify your email' page. Have requested it to be resent NUMEROUS times, but absolutely nothing coming through.

Then it wouldn't even let me log in (started saying 'details do not match our records'), until eventually it has blocked the account for 30 minutes.

Tried the password reset via email option and surprise surprise, no email comes through.

I also tried changing the username/email from @googlemail to @gmail earlier (I always seem to receive mails to either regardless of which is used), just in case that was an issue.

Live Chat is not loading up at all.

Can't ring CS until late tonight as can't use mobile at work.

Anyone else having problems (unlikely to get a response as people can't post here if you can't even log on)?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the confirmation @nickcrabtree, good to hear it's all good now - and welcome to the forum Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 13

AlexMac
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ditto, I got a slow stream of mails come through over the weekend (all of them with non-functioning links to validate address or change password) until the final ones came through which worked. Appears that the O2 mail servers were just being VERY sluggish. Worth noting for future readers: If your validation/password reset email doesn't show up straight away (or even for a few hours), clicking to request a resend only makes things take even longer!

Message 12 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@AlexMac wrote:

Ditto, I got a slow stream of mails come through over the weekend (all of them with non-functioning links to validate address or change password) until the final ones came through which worked. Appears that the O2 mail servers were just being VERY sluggish. Worth noting for future readers: If your validation/password reset email doesn't show up straight away (or even for a few hours), clicking to request a resend only makes things take even longer!

Great, thanks for coming back to let us know as well @AlexMac, really glad it's working now - a merry Christmas to you both! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13