Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Login/Verification email problems

AlexMac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having to write this logged in to my partners o2 account because I can't get in to mine!

Ordered a new PAYG phone this morning, all appears to have gone through, but no email confirmation received. I've also had major problems logging in to the new O2 account I had to set up to order it.

At first I was able to log in, but kept hitting the 'verify your email' page. Have requested it to be resent NUMEROUS times, but absolutely nothing coming through.

Then it wouldn't even let me log in (started saying 'details do not match our records'), until eventually it has blocked the account for 30 minutes.

Tried the password reset via email option and surprise surprise, no email comes through.

I also tried changing the username/email from @googlemail to @gmail earlier (I always seem to receive mails to either regardless of which is used), just in case that was an issue.

Live Chat is not loading up at all.

Can't ring CS until late tonight as can't use mobile at work.

Anyone else having problems (unlikely to get a response as people can't post here if you can't even log on)?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you checked your spam folder?
Also worth checking the spelling of the email (probably done but has to be mentioned).
If no reset your password links have come through then I suspect that there is an issue with the email address, and the same problem will have happened with the confirmations.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @AlexMac

Have you tried using a different browser on your account?

If nothing works you will have to ring customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus (live chat is problematic at the moment)

Best time to get through is 8-8.30am in the morning usually....

PS... as you see I am logged in just fine.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

AlexMac
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, checked spelling lol. Also checked spam/junk/every other folder even logged in via webmail.

I've also tried using both Firefox and Chrome on 2 different laptops.

Everybody else's mails to me are coming through fine.

Clearly O2's mail system is at fault, the question is whether it's just my account that's suffering with this problem, or is it more widespread?

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlexMac

Yours is the first we have heard this week or so....It really needs CS to look into this for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

nickcrabtree
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem here - no verification email has arrived despite trying all the things mentioned above

Message 6 of 13

AlexMac
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Out of interest Nick, do you have a telephone number associated with the account yet?

I only ask because obviously there ISN'T one linked to my new account (created when I ordered a new PAYG phone).

Just wondering if that has anything to do with it...

Also, are you with gmail or a different provider?

Again, trying to find any common links.

Message 7 of 13

AlexMac
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick update: I've just had 2 emails come through relating to the username change from this morning. Both with links to click to validate the email address. Neither of them work though, as they both end up on a page saying the link was out of date. Sigh.

Not sure if I'll get eleventy billion emails come through tonight, or if this is a small blip, but it shows the email address is correct.

Message 8 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @AlexMac & @nickcrabtree, I was wondering if you were still having issues with this or if it resolved over the weekend? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 13

nickcrabtree
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got about 7 emails simultaneously the following morning. So all sorted for me.
Message 10 of 13