Did you mean: 

Accessing My O2

FractalFragger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Can someone please provide some assistance here. I am a new customer to o2 and have not been able to get into myo2. When i took out the contract for an ipad pro it created an account for me with my email address as my username (not the one i used to create another account to use this community board) and a passwortd. I never recevied my password. 

Everytime i try to reset my password i run into issues. If i use the mobile number option i never receive the SMS with the OTP as ipads cant receive std SMS messages. So i try and go down the email address option. So i enter my email address and then i receive the email with the reset link, i click on the link and get the following message:

Unfortunately the verification link we sent has expired. Complete the details below to have another one resent.

This all happened in the space of about 10 seconds so i really dont know how the hell it expires that quickly.

Anyways i have called o2 about 50 times over the last month and have been passed from pillar to post, half of them dont realise that ipads cant get standard sms and just try sending an OTP via SMS. Others say ill get a callback and never do. One actually told me to go into a store with the device and id and ask them to reset my password, they told me that they cant do this nad dont know why CS keep sending customers their way.

So, to ANY o2 member of staff here, pull your god damn finger out and sort this problem out. I have made 6 calls today alone trying to sort this and in the end had to come off the call as im working.

All i want is access to my account online. Is this so much to ask!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff  , One of my colleagues has now sent @FractalFragger  a private message

signature

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@FractalFragger I will tag the O2 staff who are meant to be dealing with these kinds of problems. Hopefully one of them will contact you.

@O2Georgina@O2Angela@O2Simon , @O2Emma@O2Daniel@O2Jayne@O2Ellie 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You could always put the iPad sim card into a phone and sent the OTP code through?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 10

FractalFragger
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually, no I can't. I don't have a network unlocked phone and o2 shouldn't assume that I do.

Message 4 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You'll need to call o2 customer services then.
There are a couple of 0800 numbers which are free to call in the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 10

FractalFragger
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried this, I have been calling o2 for over a month. They are as useful as a chocolate teapot. I came here as a last resort thinking that there might be some o2 staff members monitoring it but obviously not. 

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@FractalFraggerThere are O2 members who can help, I have tagged them to the post.

@O2Georgina @O2Emma Are you able to help here please?

EDited for extra info.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff  , One of my colleagues has now sent @FractalFragger  a private message

signature
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

FractalFragger
  • 4 Posts