Did you mean: 

500 Error after signing into My 02 - cannot do anything

Nex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I am unable to do anything on My 02 account. I can sign in and see my name as per signed in customer.
Then the iformation on the screen says: "something gone wrong" and I get 500 Error message.
I have just joined O2 on Pay Monthly Sim only offer. I was going to track my order on My 02 as per advise received via email. Unfortunatelly, I cannot do that. I also tried calling Customer Service but was unable to speak to anyone due to COVID-19. I was automatically disconnected after choosing all options that should take me to right CS agent.
Can someone provide a support? I signed up to move my number from other network, but clearly, I cannot do anothing on My 02 account (including selection of the Extra that comes with this offer).
Not a great experience within the first 24 hrs. Looks like I will not be able to even cancel my contract if nobody can speak to me and I cannot access My O2 account. Just great!
I hope I will be able to at least make calls when sim arrives. fingers_crossed

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

HI @Nex ,

It usually takes 24 hours for your O2 account to be fully setup. With the current global state & staffing restrictions the networks are under a huge amount of pressure so this may take a little while longer. Are you trying to log into MyO2 via the MyO2 APP or via the O2 Website?

signature
Message 2 of 12

Nex
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for a quick response.

I used website on my PC (both Google Chrome and Edge browsers). I also cleared cache - nothing.
Then I tried on mobile via google chrome - nothing.
I am able to sign in. It said Hi (my name), but I cannot get into any My O2 options. I is just displaying 500 Error with information that "something gone wrong".

Should I simply wait and check tomorrow?
That is odd, as email I received is saying that I can track my order via My O2. I cannot even do that.

I obviously understand current circumstance and appreciate it is difficult on your staff to handle volume of enquiries. I appreciate all work you are doing. I work in online business and our CS team is also crushed with a workload. Cheers.

Let me know if there is anything else that I should try. Or simply wait till tomorrow.

I requested for my mobile number to be transfered asap as SIM is received. I hope this happens automatically.

Thanks

Message 3 of 12

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Nex ,

Thank you for being so understanding as I do realise how frustrating it must be for you. I would suggest giving the Myo2 app a download and try logging in via it as its a slightly different system but with the same content. 

signature
Message 4 of 12

Neilpaignton
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 site just sends you round in circles. I have text message to swap SIM. New Nano SIM in new phone is now showing a signal but calling and text and data is unavailable. Old SIM has lost signal in old phone. I am now stuck without a service.
Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You might not be able to see anything until the sim has been despatched...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

Nex
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Just tried. I managed to log in via app and as soon as I selected "Your extras" it transferred to website and showed 500 Error. When I selected "View or change your tariff" is displayed Error message: "Oops. Something went wrong. We couldn't load this info now. Check it again later."

I think I will just try tomorrow as soon as my sim card arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks for your support. Will post feedback if no progress tomorrow.

Cheers.

Message 7 of 12

Nex
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj 
Thanks for your message. The thing is, my sim was despatched. I even got an email saying that I can track my order by going to My O2 and signing in. Sadly, I can only sign in to My O2 and literally do nothing in there due to 500 Error message.

Message 8 of 12

Nex
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Neilpaignton , sorry to hear that. I hope I will not be in same troubles when I receive my sim card.
I hope you will manage to resolve your problem shortly.
This is what I am worried about. That I will receive sim, but number will not get transferred and I will end up with two contracts and both sims not working. Hopefully, it will not happen.

I also signed up to an offer with O2 mainly for 6 months free Disney+. I cannot access My Extras and select that product now. Gutted.

Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Nex wrote:

Hi @gmarkj 
Thanks for your message. The thing is, my sim was despatched. I even got an email saying that I can track my order by going to My O2 and signing in. Sadly, I can only sign in to My O2 and literally do nothing in there due to 500 Error message.

Sounds as though there is an account issue stopping you seeing anything.

You will probably need to contact customer services to resolve. Some links that might be helpful:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823  and call 0800 032 1402

With regards to moving your number over, again because of the Covid 19 situation o2 have fewer agents than normal dealing with more calls. This has also delayed number ports (moving your number from one network to another, or between sims) so this may take longer than usual.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12