Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

clairef
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm now living in Guernsey but I am unable to use my phone properly. I have no 4g when I am outside and I cannot receive phone calls.

I have some servive when connected to WIFI but still unable to receive calls.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi Clairef,

Things you can try is powering down the phone and taking the sim card out and giving it a clean and popping it back in.  You can also try resetting network settings. If these have been tried and not fixed it, it might be somthing different. 

Has this always been the case with signal? If not you can check to see if our service is working in your area and check coverage by clicking here.

You can also download My Network App from your App store and report any issues in your area if you feel its signal/mast issue.

If this a new issue it's also possible you need a sim swap and you can do that by visting your local store or calling 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202 which is a standard rate call.

signature
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Guernsey is not part of the UK, so I am not sure who the partner for O2 is... Back in a tic.

One question, are you roaming PAYG or Contract? 

Bolt-on needed for Guernsey it seems, as (like the Isle of Man) it is not in O2's UK coverage area.

Screenshot_20200620-130242.jpg

And 4G coverage for roaming provided by (Sure?) Guernsey Mobile Networks may not be included.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/using-your-phone-abroad

Message 3 of 3