Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period

confused2022
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I recently signed up with O2 after speaking to a Virgin representative about my signal.  He recommended to sign up with O2 at £10 per month 18 month contract which would give me double data and then a boost to our Virgin Media Broadband speed too.

On signing into the O2 website and my account, i found the bill was £12 per month, so was not best pleased.  I have phoned to cancel this morning as its only been 7 days which the gentleman acknowledged.  I then received a text to say 'Thanks for choosing O2.  Well set up up on  our network on 1 Feb 2022.  Please switch off your phone on the port date after 6pm'.

I have logged into my O2 account and it doesnt show it has been cancelled. 

How can I be sure it has been cancelled?

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance slight_smile

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Did you check to see if there was a bolt on applied to the account for £2 that would put the bill at £10 as agreed @confused2022 ?

Were you also moving your number across from another provider? Not sure how you would cancel that if the port has started. 
Might be that you have to wait until it has been complete, then ask for a PAC code to go somewhere else within the 14 days...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Did you check to see if there was a bolt on applied to the account for £2 that would put the bill at £10 as agreed @confused2022 ?

Were you also moving your number across from another provider? Not sure how you would cancel that if the port has started. 
Might be that you have to wait until it has been complete, then ask for a PAC code to go somewhere else within the 14 days...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

confused2022
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gmarkj

No it was the VAT on top which he omitted to advise us of. But to be honest after looking on O2 available plans this was not the best plan available to us anyway and I do feel it was the wrong option for us.  I was moving from Virgin to O2 and the representative was handling it all.

Message 3 of 3