A couple of tips if you have problems either sending or receiving text messages especially after any network issues, either with a local mast or whether a widespread network outage.
To send a text message from your mobile, you must have the correct message centre number stored in your mobile phone.
Open messages and then message settings to check ✔ :
Pay & Go message centre number is +447802092035
Pay Monthly message centre number is +447802000332
The plus +sign is important and often drops off so check ✔ that too.
If this message centre number changes whenever the phone is powered off and then back point, you have the incorrect type of sim card for your account.
- Important Note
The ‘delivery report’ function is not supported on the O2 network. If you would like to receive delivery reports, you can enter *0# followed by your text message and then send the message as you usually would.
If you are experiencing problems receiving text messages there are a couple of easy steps you can take to try and resolve this yourself.
- Occasionally dust and static can build up on your sim card and prevent it from working correctly. To clean your sim card, turn off your mobile and remove the sim card. Wipe the gold tab gently with a dry lint free cloth, blow into the sim receiver in the mobile and then place it back in your mobile and turn your mobile back on.
- Manual network selection:
- Forcing your mobile to try and connect to a different network, then back to O2 refreshes your mobile's connection to the O2 network and helps push through undelivered messages. To perform a manual network selection, in the 'Network Selection' settings of your mobile select 'manual' instead of 'auto'. Your mobile will search for available networks. This could take a couple of minutes. Select Vodafone and you will receive an error message similar to 'Connection Failed'. Repeat this again, but select O2 and you will receive a 'Success' or 'connected' message or something similar.
- Provided there are no network faults in your area (use the link below to check) and your mobile or sim card are not faulty, then any undelivered texts should be delivered to your mobile within a few minutes.
- If you are experiencing problems with just a single contact, it is more than likely that the number has accidently been blocked or added to the reject list either by yourself or the other person. Reject lists can be seperate in text and call settings so it is important to check ✔ both lists, both by yourself and the other person. Check ✔ the lists in the phone messaging app settings and the call settings menu.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.