cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Contract with O2 Travel Inclusive (75 Free Countries) and (33 x £4.99 per day Countries)

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So as we know, we are able to take our phones to the EU and a couple of other places and use pretty much our inclusive allowance.  You can use 15GB data in a rolling monthly allowance, but other than that, Mins and SMS are just subject to fair usage.

Now with the new O2 Travel Inclusive Tariff from O2, The list of Countries got much bigger where you can use your phone for free. There are 48 EU/EEA Country and 27 O2 Travel Inclusive Countries making it a total of 75 Countries.Fantastic

However this is where the but is. In countries other than EU countries, The New 27 Roaming Countries you can only use 120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply)

I have created a table with all the countries that you can use the phone in

The ones in Green you can use your own allowance. (15GB Max Data per your monthly allowance if you have that much, Or less if you have less)

The ones in Blue, you get your Daily Allowance and anything over the allowance you will be charged you normal standard roaming rates. (120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply))

countries.jpg

If you do have O2 Travel Inclusive on your Tariff, you can also use your phone in additional 33 Countries for £4.99 per day and get a separate allowance to use which is 120 Mins, 120 SMS and 150MB Data (Speed Restricted)

Countries that are charged at £4.99 per day, are charged in local capital time of the country you are visiting.

other countries.JPG

So in total you can use your phone in 75 Countries for free 33 at £4.99 per day, meaning that o2 Contract O2 Travel Inclusive have a total of 108 countries to use in (33 are chargeable)

Also please note that 5 Countries you can obtain 4G Roaming, These are Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Isle of Man and Australia.

Rest of the countries you will either get a 3G or 2G signal depending on the country, network and location you are visiting.

****** NOTE ******

O2 Travel Inclusive Roaming is only available on selected eligible O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as sim only tariffs higher than 20GB (20GB excluded).

Both the O2 Travel bolt on and the Inclusive Zone bolt on need to be active to benefit from these allowances. 

More info can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

72 Comments
pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Sounds good, thank you @MI5 👍
AyeAyeAye
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
^ incorrect info^

Calls in o2 Travel countries inclusive or £4.99 daily include calls to UK or the same roaming country.

“It costs £4.99 a day in selected destinations outside Europe. And that gets you all the data you need, 120 minutes to make and receive calls and 120 texts to send each day within your travel destination and back to the UK”

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad
MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

What info do you think is incorrect exactly?

AyeAyeAye
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The fact someone said you will be charged a roaming rate calling in country when roaming and 120m/t daily are back to U.K. only. They cover both.
AyeAyeAye
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
PS) over the 120 daily limits you will be charged standard roaming rates price per unit calling U.K. or the same roaming country, otherwise under 120 is inclusive.
AyeAyeAye
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh I see the o2 page has now been edited since my post LOL

“What happens if I go over my O2 Travel allowance for calls and texts?
If you go over your allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, you’ll be charged standard international roaming rates.”

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

AyeAyeAye
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Section 12 “If your signed up to O2 Travel Subscription a daily charge will be applied automatically on the days that you use any data whilst within your selected destination, make a voice call back to the UK, including Voicemail (901) retrieval and voice calls whilst in your selected destination or send a text message back to the UK and whilst in your selected destination. In all destinations where O2 Travel is available, the daily charge will be £4.99 for each day used and covers data, calls and texts in your chosen destination of travel and back to the UK.”

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions
AyeAyeAye
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Inclusive means inclusive - o2 Travel Inclusive Zone means no charges to U.K. or in country calls/texts or on the further £4.99 daily o2 Travel countries unless you go over the 120 unit daily limits and international charges start for activity in roaming country to regular landlines/mobiles or back to the U.K. regular landlines/mobiles.

^Sorry for multiple posts, this website isn’t easy on a iPhone Safari browser.

TPX101x
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

So as we know, we are able to take our phones to the EU and a couple of other places and use pretty much our inclusive allowance.  You can use 15GB data in a rolling monthly allowance, but other than that, Mins and SMS are just subject to fair usage.

Now with the new O2 Travel Inclusive Tariff from O2, The list of Countries got much bigger where you can use your phone for free. There are 48 EU/EEA Country and 27 O2 Travel Inclusive Countries making it a total of 75 Countries.Fantastic

However this is where the but is. In countries other than EU countries, The New 27 Roaming Countries you can only use 120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply)

I have created a table with all the countries that you can use the phone in

The ones in Green you can use your own allowance. (15GB Max Data per your monthly allowance if you have that much, Or less if you have less)

The ones in Blue, you get your Daily Allowance and anything over the allowance you will be charged you normal standard roaming rates. (120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply))

countries.jpg

If you do have O2 Travel Inclusive on your Tariff, you can also use your phone in additional 33 Countries for £4.99 per day and get a separate allowance to use which is 120 Mins, 120 SMS and 150MB Data (Speed Restricted)

Countries that are charged at £4.99 per day, are charged in local capital time of the country you are visiting.

other countries.JPG

So in total you can use your phone in 75 Countries for free 33 at £4.99 per day, meaning that o2 Contract O2 Travel Inclusive have a total of 108 countries to use in (33 are chargeable)

Also please note that 5 Countries you can obtain 4G Roaming, These are Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Isle of Man and Australia.

Rest of the countries you will either get a 3G or 2G signal depending on the country, network and location you are visiting.

****** NOTE ******

O2 Travel Inclusive Roaming is only Available on Selected Tariffs after the 22nd March 2018.

These are 24 Month Phone Tariffs, of 4GB, 15GB and above.

O2 Travel Inclusive is not available on Tariffs below 4GB and the 5GB and 10GB Tariffs. Sim only are also not currently included.

More info can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Hi darrengf, amazing summary, needed this so badly, as recently switched over from ThreeUK and honestly, had no clue what the O2 travel inclusive bolt on was about, and unlike other network, there is no dedicated pages for O2 Travel, O2 Travel Inclusive Zone (these 2 were lumped in together) and Standard Rates in Europe. 

So based on your other post, in order to qualify for £4.99 daily rate on selected O2 Travel countries like Hong Kong or Turkey (those in orange grid) you must have the O2 Travel bolt on; and to qualify for free inclusive 120mins/texts and 150MB data on countries like USA (those on blue grid), you must have O2 Travel Inclusive Zone bolt on.

Then my question is, what is Standard Rates in Europe bolt on, what does it do, or its purpose?  Apologies if it’s a stupid question, O2 newbie, just trying to understand. Thanks. 

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The standard rates in Europe bolt on just means that you will pay the standard rates for your tariff if you go over your allowances when in an EU Zone country. 

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @TPX101x Welcome to the forum and no question is daft.

As mentioned already. The Standard react in Eu is what ever you Standard rate in in UK

so for example. If your tariff comes with unlimited sms and unlimited mins, then you take you unlimited allowance with you to EU.

this allows you to call landline and mobiles.

if however you only have 300 mins let say, and each min after is 55p, then this is what you would also be charged in EU when you have used all the 300 mins for example.

out side EU is different,  so if you have o2 Travel Inclusive.  Then once you have used the 120 mins up, you will be charged the Standard roaming rate in that country.  

Couple of ammendments as well to the above,

o2 now have a few more 4G roaming countries and we have noticed restrictions on speed seem to be getting removed out side of EU as well.

the 15GB data limit in EU I believe is incorrect.

If you are on Contract you can use you Data allowance what you have in the U.K., or what ever is left to you to use once you arrive in EU.

For PAYG the max is up to 10GB no matter if you have more,  you will not be able to use more than 10GB of Data in any Given month.

Hope all the above helps,

if if you need any more let us know.

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@AyeAyeAye

Have you been able to find the answer or do you still need help?

TPX101x
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for prompt reply, darrengf and MI5. Do you need the Standard Rates in Europe bolt on, in order to use your allowance in the EU? I currently have O2 Travel and O2 Travel Inclusive Zone bolt ons.
MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No bolt on required for any EU Zone roaming.

It defaults to be able to use your allowances automatically.

TPX101x
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brill, thanks!
Msindie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
Im on Contract O2 Unlimited
24M
50GB
O2 Travel
I'm in Canada on a trip. Do I need to pay £4.99 daily to use here unless I use with? Thanks. Sorry.. I'm still a bit confused lol.
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MsindieYou have posted here and given the solution.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Roaming-Charge-Confusion/td-p/1135249

Had you said earlier you were on a 50GB tariff  we could have advised immediately that you should be eligible for O2 Travel Inclusive. However you said you received a text on arrival in Canada which indicated you were paying 4.99 per day. This shows you are O2 Travel only. My explanation on that thread made it clear enough what O2 Travel was wink

You need to go into My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and see what bolt on has been applied

If it's O2 Travel...then you are paying £4.99 per day. If it's O2 Travel Inclusive then you shouldn't be paying anything at all. You are able to roam for free as long as you don't go over your allowance

Robo398
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 need to work harder to compete with other providers especially when people are on holiday in the USA, these tariffs are still too high. Probably why I get a monthly pay as you go sim from another provider and use that when I go on my holidays, £10 lasts me the whole 2 weeks with as many calls, texts and data I need. Sort yourselves out O2 or continue to lose out!!!!!

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It also needs to work properly @Robo398

We have heard of a number of clients with O2 Travel Inclusive and it's NOT been working whilst they were in the US or Canada.

O2 have admitted a 'glitch' to the system but that's a poor excuse really...

cluelessxxl
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To say I’m confused is an understatement

I have “travel inclusive zone” and “standard rates in Europe” on my tarrif

I can get my head round the travel inclusive zone

My questions are

1 if I should go to Barbados what rate will I be charged

2 Why do I need Standard rates in Europe zone bolt on I thought I got standard rates in any case

3 If I remove standard rates in Europe zone will I get charged in Europe

4 why would I need both the Travel zone and travel inclusive zone bolt on

Any help with thanks

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @cluelessxxl. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

i know it’s become a minefield with all the Bolton’s and terminology.

There are 3 boltons

o2 Travel

o2 Travel Inclusive

o2 Standard Rates in Europe.

o2 Travel Inclusive does not have Barbados as a free country that you can use Mins, data and sms in. As you can see.  

B5B86D24-3A4C-43A4-8444-21501A1D8C24.jpeg

However o2 Travel does

standard rates in Eu is if you abuse the service in Eu. You start to get charged the Standard rate from your tarriff.

So for Barbados you have 2 options.

pay standard rates 

£2 per min

55p per sms.

8AB8FEA1-29C3-4EDA-B3DF-8A0C7FFA7A89.jpeg

or swap the o2 Standard rate bolt on to o2 Travel which then will give you

£4.99 per day (if you use it) for data, 120 Mins ans 120 sms.

info below and also how to get the bolt on.  You must have got the bolt on before leaving the U.K.  

E66EB834-5EFC-4200-AEBD-50E636691D51.jpeg

however to activate that charge you only need to send 1 sms and you will be charged £4.99

home this helps

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @cluelessxxl

@did you ever go to Barbados?  Just wondering how you got on that’s all if you did.