cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Contract with O2 Travel Inclusive (75 Free Countries) and (33 x £4.99 per day Countries)

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So as we know, we are able to take our phones to the EU and a couple of other places and use pretty much our inclusive allowance.  You can use 15GB data in a rolling monthly allowance, but other than that, Mins and SMS are just subject to fair usage.

Now with the new O2 Travel Inclusive Tariff from O2, The list of Countries got much bigger where you can use your phone for free. There are 48 EU/EEA Country and 27 O2 Travel Inclusive Countries making it a total of 75 Countries.Fantastic

However this is where the but is. In countries other than EU countries, The New 27 Roaming Countries you can only use 120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply)

I have created a table with all the countries that you can use the phone in

The ones in Green you can use your own allowance. (15GB Max Data per your monthly allowance if you have that much, Or less if you have less)

The ones in Blue, you get your Daily Allowance and anything over the allowance you will be charged you normal standard roaming rates. (120 Mins and 120 SMS per day and 150MB data per day (Speed Restrictions apply))

countries.jpg

If you do have O2 Travel Inclusive on your Tariff, you can also use your phone in additional 33 Countries for £4.99 per day and get a separate allowance to use which is 120 Mins, 120 SMS and 150MB Data (Speed Restricted)

Countries that are charged at £4.99 per day, are charged in local capital time of the country you are visiting.

other countries.JPG

So in total you can use your phone in 75 Countries for free 33 at £4.99 per day, meaning that o2 Contract O2 Travel Inclusive have a total of 108 countries to use in (33 are chargeable)

Also please note that 5 Countries you can obtain 4G Roaming, These are Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Isle of Man and Australia.

Rest of the countries you will either get a 3G or 2G signal depending on the country, network and location you are visiting.

****** NOTE ******

O2 Travel Inclusive Roaming is only available on selected eligible O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as sim only tariffs higher than 20GB (20GB excluded).

Both the O2 Travel bolt on and the Inclusive Zone bolt on need to be active to benefit from these allowances. 

More info can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

72 Comments
jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What's happened to Thailand? Last I knew O2 travel applied there at £4.99 /day. It certainly did 12 months ago before my accident.

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

O2 Travel Inclusive only covers certain countries on your tariff for free

Thailand is not included in the free ones.

2570D3F7-BC58-434B-8D4A-5123DAFB362B.jpeg

But it you can still buy it for £4.99

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ah ok got you. I just know it was lumped under ROW countries before and was automatic whenever I wanted to use it. 

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

No, there are still 33 countries you still have to pay for frowning2

Ive just updated it with a little more info to make it clearer.

Also Turkey used to be £3.99 per day, its not £4.99 per day since the new Tariffs were introduced on 22nd March 2018

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nice edit, it's much clearer now 😁

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good info @darrengf but it gets more confusing with all the changes they keep making !

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On? Really?!!

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@jonsie Thanks 👍😀

@Cleoriff I know.  It would be easier as well if they just included it on all tariffs like other networks do and not pick and choose on certain tariffs.

But it’s much better than what we used to have, really hope they add more countries too as well like another network does. 

** Amount of Roaming countries depends on what tariff you obtain from O2, Three and EE. Vodafone has 50 Countries no matter what Tarrif you pick.

O2 = 75 Roaming Networks **

Three UK = 71 networks **

Vodafone = 50 Networks

EE Essential = 48 **

EE Max = 53 **

This is correct as of 28th March 2018

O2 currently quotes:

Nina Bibby, CMO at O2 said: “Last year we put O2 customers back in control of their data with the introduction of revolutionary flexible tariffs. Now we’re taking this new, flexible approach even further by giving customers more choice to move their airtime bills up and down each month on our entire range of O2 Refresh smartphones and tablets. Not only do we offer customers more flexibility and control, but we are also introducing more places to roam than any other major operator, with 75 destinations at no extra cost.”

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@darrengfwrote:

@jonsie Thanks 👍😀

@Cleoriff I know.  It would be easier as well if they just included it on all tariffs like other networks do and not pick and choose on certain tariffs.

But it’s much better than what we used to have, really hope they add more countries too as well like another network does. 

** Amount of Roaming countries depends on what tariff you obtain from O2, Three and EE. Vodafone has 50 Countries no matter what Tarrif you pick.

O2 = 75 Roaming Networks **

Three UK = 71 networks **

Vodafone = 50 Networks

EE Essential = 48 **

EE Max = 53 **

This is correct as of 28th March 2018

O2 currently quotes:

Nina Bibby, CMO at O2 said: “Last year we put O2 customers back in control of their data with the introduction of revolutionary flexible tariffs. Now we’re taking this new, flexible approach even further by giving customers more choice to move their airtime bills up and down each month on our entire range of O2 Refresh smartphones and tablets. Not only do we offer customers more flexibility and control, but we are also introducing more places to roam than any other major operator, with 75 destinations at no extra cost. Also, thanks to the intervention of the O2 Community members, we decided to remove the accidental throttling we imposed for many years. But for them, we could have saved money for years to come. So, thank you for that! Maybe one day we will think about removing the said accidental throttling outside the EU

There, fixed it for you 😉

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@darrengf   When I said it made things more confusing, that was not only in relation to the countries added but this section....

"Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB tariff, and 15GB and above tariffs.  It’s not available on tariffs below 4GB, or our 5GB and 10GB tariffs".

which looks as if it wouldn't be available to someone like me, on a sim only tariff with 3GB data, using a Note 4.

So when someone comes here to ask how much it will cost them to go to (*Insert country*), we couldn't give them a definitive answer unless we knew what phone they have and what tariff they are on..It also doesn't state what 'selected phones' (unless I am missing something vital in the info?)

It's a case of just pointing them to the links and letting them work it out for themselves!!

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
That is exactly what I will be doing...
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:
That is exactly what I will be doing...

Yes and then expect lots of people saying 'I'm on the right sort of tariff but have Google Pixel (or somesuch) so am I still eligible?"

There is nothing simple about it.....I'm not particularly bothered that they have added more countries, the whole thing is a mish mash of ifs and buts.....not forgetting the occasional maybe!!Confused

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

ffs !!

Hats off to Darren for attempting to decrypt this. 

Is there a simple i2 help page to explain all this or will be inundated with questions we can’t answer?

@Martin-O2 @Marjo please add to index as a matter of urgency. 

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
So if I’m not on one of these inclusive tariffs I can still choose to pay 4.99 a day for the 120 mins of texts and data (and all the data I need albeit slowed down to buggery)
jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@iphone4sirwrote:
So if I’m not on one of these inclusive tariffs I can still choose to pay 4.99 a day for the 120 mins of texts and data (and all the data I need albeit slowed down to buggery)

That's the way I understand it but to be honest it's as clear as mud.!

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And if we don't know, how the hell can we expect the unsuspecting public to work it out? rage

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It was better before whereby we all knew what the roaming rates were and no messing about with how much data you had purchased and you didn't have to have certain top end phones with O2 firmware. It didn't matter if you had a Nokia 3310 or an iPhone X. 

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
The davinci code was easier to decipher than their rules
darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Good evening to you all. @iphone4sir@jonsie@Cleoriff@MI5

Thanks for all you kind words, I will be honest this took me 2 days to fully understand the ins and outs of it all. Nightmare springs to mind not just for us, but for customer services as well.

This to me has been handeled completely wrong, Alot of people will not know if they have signed up for this or that, O2 have come up with a great idea, Amazing that you can use in so many countried, but in great style made it over complicated, confusing, made customer service lifes alot harder and have not thought about this.

If you are on Contract or Sim Only, you should get the same no matter what.

You should not be saying if you get this much Data you get this, This much is this and so on. What is going on I have no idea.

Vodafone to me is the simplest, everyone gets 50 Countries end of. Contract can get cheaper rates in 60 more regardless of Sim only or Contract.

EE and Three is all depending on Tarriff, but again EE Essentials and PAYG get 48, Max gets 53.

Three PAYG and Advance get 71 and Essential get 49 countries.

All other networks are clear, Its not ammount of Dara or anything else.

O2 have said 4GB can have it, but not 5GB or 10GB. Why? what are they thinking.

Lets me upfront, straightforward and clear to the customer, stop making things overly complicated.

I have no idea how it will be decribed in the Bolton until we see it. Its just crazy.

@Martin-O2 @Marjo Could I ask one of you to also check as I found 1 additional country that Is not listed in the O2 Travel Section and normal rates apply, but is listed under the O2 Travel Icnclusive section.. That country is Guinea.

I know that this is a strange request as well, O2 have done an amazing thing, but please can we uncomplicate it and make it much easier for customers. Possible you could feed this back.

Also apologies if any one is from or lives in Cayman Islands, I noticed I had spelt it incorrectly 😞

Any way, Im happy to always help and answe questions, Ive been reading all the info and trying to absorb for 2 days, so I think I have a good understanding lol.

Now where is the Chocolate Easter Egg that was hidden. lol

CrazyDon't know

samtastic123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope they eventually do it with Sim only deals. Going to Florida in July. Was going to get a Three PAYG sim for when I go to be able to use my phone. 

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Knowing what O2's previous travel offerings have been like, I'd still advise you get a Three sim.
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Knowing what O2's previous travel offerings have been like, I'd still advise you get a Three sim.

I would second that @samtastic123. By all accounts Three are far more reliable than O2, particularly in the US.

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a pointless exercise having O2 Travel anywhere outside the EU until they remove data throttling so go with the Three sim. 

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Just to give you a bit of an update regarding o2 Travel Inclusive.

If you sign up for the new Tariff you will get Either Following Bolton ons showing

Standard Rates and O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. Please read more below.

658F2263-E1C1-4C28-866E-25DCB26B65A0.jpeg

Or you you can have O2 Travel and O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. Please read more below.

41D8849B-57B9-420E-9FC4-316BE5E82639.jpeg

Please note that you can also change o2 Travel to Standard Rates and vice versa, so you will need to be careful that you have the correct Bolt on for your needs.

Note. You will not get o2 Travel for instance in Turkey if you are showing Standard Rates and O2 Travel Inclusive, you Must have o2 Travel to use in countries that are not free with the o2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolton to get the discount Daily Charge.

409740E0-89AB-4324-B5CA-1E6AAE104ECB.jpeg

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Thanks for keeping us updated but I'm still not clear on all this now.

I think I need to study it closer to understand it better.

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be quite honest @darrengf it was as clear as mud before...it's now similar to being mired in it.
I really do commend you on the work you have done to decipher this but if I tried as hard as I possibly can,  I doubt I will ever get it. It's a bloody nightmare. slight_frown

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think I'll just refer everyone to this thread and hope they understand it in a way I never will.

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Thanks all. Really appreciate it.  @Cleoriff It’s dead easy lol.  Took me 2 Days to make sense, a further 2 days with the bolt ons, 1 Degree, lots of Coffee and Chocolate and I think I got it.

O2 could not have made this any more difficult than it was lol. 

I think customers are going to either have wrong bolt ons, or believe O2 Travel Inclusive includes o2 Travel which it doesn’t as that still a stand alone Bolton and must be active if they want to use countries not in Inclusive Zone and only pay the small charge.

Im still also waiting to see if O2 update the Fair useage MFI, it’s still showing July 2017 as we speak.

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So, let's see if I understand this (had 1 large coffee and 1 normal tea so reasonably awake...)

o2 Travel Inclusive is the "inclusive" roaming for the countries that o2 say are eligible (the first table of 75 countries).

o2 Travel is the standard daily charge of £4.99 to get the daily allowance (120 mins/120 text/150Mb data) for the countries in the orange (second) table.

Standard rates is where you pay per minute/text/Mb.

So now depending on where you go and how much you use your phone will dictate if you want standard rates or travel.

Is that about right?

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

About.... 

You apparently only have Inclusive on certain tariffs and phones. Work all that out and you qualify for an O2 Master's Degree! 

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Ah yes, forgot the bit about rolling a 6 to start!

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Nearly @gmarkj Don't forget O2 Travel inclusive requires you to have certain phones (not yet known) and a certain tariff ie

"Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB tariff, and 15GB and above tariffs.  It’s not available on tariffs below 4GB, or our 5GB and 10GB tariffs"

So for me with a Note 4 and sim only contract, it appears I won't be eligible....

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No me neither but I go local sim anyway. 

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Yeah I added the line about rolling a 6 to start in response to @jonsie pointing out the phones/tariffs part.

I am wondering @Martin-O2 or @Marjo if you can get someone at o2 to actually list the phones that are on the list of eligible devices - nowhere that I can see in the actual o2 FAQ is there a list. Having that list would allow actual useful advice - otherwise we are going to just have to get people to read this and then STILL call customer service.

Which is a bit pointless really...

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Bottom line is that it will be impossible for us to advise any more than directing customers to a clear definitive post which lists the phones, tariffs, applicable bolt ons and countries.

There are just too many variables to do anything else.

It needs to be one single post with all info included and not having to wade through a number of posts to see updates and additional info.

Either that, or a link to an accurate and regularly updated official o2 help page.

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sadly I type very slowly @gmarkj and when I replied to you @jonsie (fast fingers ) hadn't posted a reponse. Smiley Very Happy So as long as we all remember I type slower than a snail, we wont go far wrong...Dance

I agree totally that we need a list of phones and if we are to get it right we should be asking people what tariff they are on as well...Ridiculous..

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not too much to ask is it? Just a nondescript vague inference to 'certain' phones really isn't good enough. I don't know about rolling a six @gmarkj, more a case of snake eyes!

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Evening all.

So another bit of research. I’ve gone through most of the phones o2 sell on Contract.  Low to high, new to nearly new and each manufacture.

Every phone on contract has Inclusive O2 travel as long as the phone has the correct tariff in the list to show it.  Every phone I looked at which was lots, all had it.

I think personal every contract phone has this option in the Tariff

Samsung J3 nearly new has the option. 

The max data that is sold with the Samsung is 4GB. Which is the tariff that it starts on

A3827490-B6E2-471E-A2D5-39314423950B.jpeg

Doro, Sony, Htc, Apple and so on.  I can’t see any with out.

from my understanding it, Sim Only and PAYG are the only ones that don’t have this Bolton.

Look at the Samsung s9 for example.

50Gb, 25Gb, 15GB and 4GB all have it. Still have it even when there doubling th data as a promotion 

56644132-9349-43B6-8029-49EA38E9582E.jpeg

Look at the Samsung s9 with 2gb data. Bolt on isn’t showing.

CD412FD6-BF91-41D2-9F6E-A7BF4A3C8F1D.jpeg

Hope this helps and answers some questions. 

Also ive checked phones with the 5Gb and 10gb tariff. And they also don’t have the Bolton.

o2 clearly say on 4GB, 15GB and above. But I agree it’s confusing when it says selected phones, but I’ve found bolt on all that I’ve checked and its well above half of the contract phones I’ve looked at, possible 70% of them

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So bit of and Update today on this. (7th May 2018)

O2 have now introduced the o2 travel Inclusive Zone on Sim only tariffs as well.

Slightly different rules apply to sim only.

SIM ONLY. PLEASE READ.

If you bought a 10GB 12 month sim only tariff, on or after 3 May 2018, you’ll be eligible for O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, when you move to a £20 or above 12 month sim only tariff.

If you joined on any other sim only tariff, you won’t be eligible, even if you move to a higher tariff.

Regarding some other terms from the o2 website. 

Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB, and 15GB and above O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as our £20 and above 12 month sim only tariffs. It’s not available on any other sim only tariff, O2 Refresh tariffs below 4GB, or 5GB and 10GB O2 Refresh tariffs.

NORMAL REFRESH TERMS

All tariff changes made on your flexible tariff will only take effect from your next bill date. If you move to an eligible tariff, the Bolt On will be added automatically, and you’ll be able to use your O2 Travel allowance in our Inclusive Zone from your next bill date.

This is currently how Sim only Tariffs from now are shown.  These are what is on offer from today. 7th May 2018. Please always check before you purchase any tariff that it’s the correct one you want.

54DC0A26-1435-497A-B36D-7A99A19C3387.jpeg

• I will ask to edit the first part of the page as I’ve also noticed that I mentioned the 15GB limit as well.  This is incorrect. It’s subject to fair usage. Which Is still up for debate but this is what it currently says on this. 
  • current terms mentioned
  • You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included.             

Im also waiting on confirmation. But there may be some more 4G countries I can now add 😀

Possible new countries now include

Waiting to have the information checked.

25C96F13-810F-4412-8382-46E6A1D4D5EF.jpeg

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update @darrengf although on a simo tariff I'm still not eligible. Not enough data on mine. Still, as I'm not planning on travelling anywhere soon, it doesn't bother me that much (selfishly) wink

Salem874
  • 42 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, can i ask for clarification.On the inclusive non-EU countries, where your allowance is 120 mins, 120 texts and data, is the data now hard limited to 150Mb?

Previously, on O2 travel (£4.99) it's "unlimited".

So, if i go to a country outside of the EU but which IS included in the Inclusive Travel (Say USA), would i be able to use data beyong150MB/day, or so what would happen? is that when the speed restrictions would kick in, or would i be charged?

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Salem874

O2 Travel is unlimited with a fair usage tied to it.

So the fair usage as of today is the following.

Roaming outside The European Union
O2 Travel customers roaming outside The EU who exceed 50Mb of data per day will experience limited throughput for web browsing, e-mail, social networking, video and VPN services, which may slow these services down. O2 Travel customers’ roaming outside The EU who use Peer to Peer, file transfer, network storage or gaming applications or services, will be provided with limited throughput which will slow these services down.

This is is from the main site

Use your call, text and data allowances when roaming in our Europe Zone, subject to O2's fair usage policy. For information on our Europe Zone and out of bundle charges, see http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad. O2 Travel offer includes 120 minutes, 120 texts and data roaming in 27 selected destinations only (our Inclusive Zone), subject to fair usage at no extra charge. Non-commercial use only. No upper use limit on data but traffic management steps will apply. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.

OLD TERMS BELOW

The original Terms that used to apply for o2 Travel was the following.

1. There’s no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, to manage traffic we may slow down the service.  We may also slow down the service if you reach a level of data consumption which we deem to be excessive, network affecting, affecting the use of other customers or usage that is not in accordance with your terms of service. This will be more than 150MB of general data or more than 50MB of streamed video or audio data (the "assumed fair usage amounts”) in a day. Audio and video streaming are available with O2 Travel but the quality of the audio/video will be optimised for a mobile device. The speed available for file transfer, online gaming, peer to peer downloads and network back-up services is restricted and may not work with O2 Travel. You can view our traffic management policy here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions-to-1...

However that terms have have now been retired.

As you can see it’s not black and white any more and as the fair usage hasn’t been changed since July 2017, I can only believe that that is correct now.

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff I think even if you were to change it to a different one (Not resigning to another year) I don’t think you get it.

its only when you sign up to a new one, like resign, do you get the new o2 Inclusive on the mention tarriffs.

you can’t move to one in mid term

Oh oh what fun lol, I’ve just mastered it and then they change the rules.  I need another degree lol

Crazy

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't give you a degree but I can give you a kudo..... as working that out in this heat must have been a real challenge Smiley Very Happy

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

That will do for me 👍😀. Thanks @Cleoriff

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Just to add. This is how it shows if you want to up or downgrade your tariff on line.

so it should clearly show if you get it or not in the new Tariff. 

CA46AF2C-8249-4D63-9CEA-ACE0386D0F88.jpeg

PearlyKing
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit late to this discussion.....

If you have the Travel Inclusive Zone option, does the minutes message and data allowance only apply to calls back to the UK or does it also apply to in country calling. For example, if I am in the USA and call a USA number is that covered by the Travel Inclusive Allowance or is it charged at roaming rates?

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You’ll pay normal international rates. Calls within the same country only applies to the EU roaming directive. 

PearlyKing
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I guesed as much.

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

3GB contract phone on Refresh from Jan-2017, unlimited texts and unlimited mins, with O2 Travel (the regular one, I think, screenshot below) means I am good for 2 weeks in Spain in August without paying any more than I would at home, right?

😎

Screenshot_20180610-142207__01.jpg

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes you are good @pgn, just make sure you don't go over your allowances.

PS. O2 travel no longer applies in EU, so ignore the bolt on you posted.