Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update]

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

You can find an updated cancellation guide, including the PAC/STAC changes that came into place on 1st July 2019, here.

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

In addition to the "old" methods below, you can now obtain your PAC via a simple free text message.

The easiest way text PAC to 65075.

You will then receive a text message containing your PAC code along with details of any termination fees.

The information provided will be as accurate as possible at the time, but may change. You can find more information in our FAQ on what’s included in your estimated remaining charges.

If you have multiple numbers on your account, or if you have an Apple Watch on a Pay Monthly plan, you won’t be able to use the text service. You’ll need to go to My O2 or give us a call to request your PAC code. If you want to switch more than 24 numbers at a time, we’ll be able to help you on the phone or you can make more than one request in MyO2.

Please note that the service only works if you are in the UK.

MyO2 process:

1. Log into your MyO2. MyO2 sign in 
2. Select the number you want to get the PAC code for.
3. Go to "More" in the nav bar at the top of the page, a drop down menu will appear.
4. Click update your personal details
5. At the bottom of this page is a "Thinking of switching from o2" section
6. Press continue on this section and follow the next steps, (may have to turn off your ad blocker). and you should get your PAC code if you have multiple devices through my o2.

More info from O2 can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/switch

If you just want to know what any termination fees might be, text INFO to 85075.

"Old" methods of obtaining an O2 PAC Code.

If you wish to move mobile networks and keep your mobile number, you will need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) which is normally 9 characters long and in the format "ABC123456").

They are used by UK Mobile Networks to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP).

1. Contract customers can call on 202 or request via live chat Chat Now 
  2. Pay as You Go Customers must call 4445. If you don't have any credit, call from a landline or borrowed mobile on  0344 8090222 or 07860 980 202 (no other option to use Chat).
  3. Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days from the date O2 gave it to you.
  4. O2 will then let you know whether you have fulfilled your contractual agreement, if applicable.
  5. Once you have supplied your PAC to your new network your current contract with the O2 will end immediately the port completes and O2 will generate your final bill.
  6. It is strongly advised that you do not cancel any Direct Debits until your final bill is fully settled.
  7. Once you have paid your last bill (up to a month after leaving) it will show in your MyO2 as a disconnected account detailing your latest bill with the date paid MyO2

Please note: If you are an Refresh customer remember to pay off your device plan before requesting your PAC. 

If you are porting from another Network Mobile Operator to the O2 Network.

Porting your mobile telephone number to the O2 Network is straight forward. 

1. Ask for a PAC Code from your current Mobile Network Operator and then contact the O2 customer service contact us and they will take care of the rest.
  2. Your current Mobile service provider will let you know whether you have fulfilled any contractual agreement you may have with them.
  3. If you are bringing your own handset with you then ensure it is unlocked to accept all network sim cards.
    If your handset is locked to your current network then you will need to follow their process to request the unlocking process of your phone.
  4. O2 will send you a text message on the day of the transfer to keep you up to date with things. 

Further detailed Instructions are here Keep your mobile number 

77 Comments
MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

It makes no difference either way with regards to using your SIM card.

The key here is the fact that you didn't receive a text confirmation, which means it hasn't been accepted by the system.

Call again to get it processed, but nothing will change over the weekend.

Kadaj22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You were right it wasn’t accepted I got an email saying “Validation Exception: Mobile number (07xxxxxxxxx) is not active on our Pay Monthly systems. Please check and resubmit your request.”
MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

Check this help and resubmit your request. I'd suggest calling to ensure the correct info is passed on.

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

Kadaj22
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just rang them and made sure my sim was activated as I recently had a SIM Swap because I lost my old SIM card. I’m hoping it will have gone through properly now.
MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Good luck @Kadaj22 

Kadaj22
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would having an Apple Watch on the number I want to change affect anything? Like will I still be able to use the GPS? Or will it cancel the contract for my watch?
MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

It won't cancel the watch contract but you may have to reset your watch and re-pair it once the number change has gone through OK.

Kadaj22
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK great thanks. I guess I’ll find out soon. I’ll let you know if that’s any different.
sratansi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

tried that on my sons Pay As you Go, and got a message saying the"We cant understand your request...."

Called CS who advised me that i need credit on the account to request a PAC, all very confusing

Rkp009
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please advise on how to get PAC code? When I moved from EE, it was just a text to get PAC code. O2 has deliberately made is difficult to get PAC code so as customer get frustrated to get PAC code and keep lingering on with them. This needs a complaint to OFCOM so O2 can sort their mess out. Old systems, Old network (so poor 4G speeds, forget about 5G). 

Rkp009
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now I am sitting in endless wait in a call to 202 to get hold of someone. 30 mins wait. Horrible systems, network, should close your business or sell it someone who can run it properly.

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Hi, @Rkp009 - how did you get on with O2 in 202?

Seems the TEXT for your PAC only works for simple cases, eg not if you have a smartwatch account or multiple numbers tied to one account. More numbers in the Guide below  that you can call, assuming you fall into the 'complicated' (O2's definition!) category of Contract customer - call around 08:10 to get quicker service.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck!

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

You can still get a PAC for multiple accounts through your MyO2 as in the first post of the guide. 

Whitedoves83
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Myo2 method doesnt work. Just redirects to the same page https://accounts.o2.co.uk/manage?sendTo=https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/ofcom

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Seems to be a little confused, does the MyO2 PAC request page, @Whitedoves83 - I see the same:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Tagging in @lewys-gp, a board manager, to pass that back to O2.

You can still get your PAC by texting PAC to 65075, you’ll get it in 60 seconds.

Thanks!

Whitedoves83
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Doesnt work just redirects to that page no mention of PAC. Also cannot get PAC without credit, which is the problem here and why myself and others may have tried the MyO2 method. I no longer need support but may help others in future.

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, @pgn, and @Whitedoves83 for raising this. I'll share it with the team at O2, to make them aware 🙂.

WadeyBHA
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5, really helpful, thank you 👍

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

You're welcome @WadeyBHA 

Shika
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant, worked for me thank you! : )

Gabriel2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , 

I have the same problem as many others here. I was on a o2 pay monthly plan till a few weeks ago and now on payg and i m trying to get my no on a different network after purchasing new phone so i need that  pac code but have no credit and don t want to top up . Can anyone help me please ? Thank you 

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Hi @Gabriel2 - in response to your query:

I have the same problem as many others here. I was on a o2 pay monthly plan till a few weeks ago and now on payg and i m trying to get my no on a different network after purchasing new phone so i need that  pac code but have no credit and don t want to top up . Can anyone help me please ? Thank you 

You will need to talk to O2 Customer Services on 4445 tomorrow morning around 08:15, or you can reach out to O2's Social Media team via the links here - Good luck!

O2 Social Media

(Twitter Instagram | Facebook)

Mr-Mixalot
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers for the guide, rang PAYG and they just could not do it

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Hi @Mr-Mixalot 

In response to your query:

Cheers for the guide, rang PAYG and they just could not do it

As O2 Customer Services on 4445 could not do it, can you reach out to O2's Social Media team via the links here?  Good luck!

O2 Social Media

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 is a bunch of idiots thinking that making leaving hard will stop ppl from leaving.

Anyone has an updated ONLINE way to get my PAC codes? Txt doesn't work as I want to take multiple numbers away from o2/ 202 call takes me to NOT SO ENGLISH speakers with kids or construction site noise in the background. Great o2! Really great! Anyone, link to my PAC codes?

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

MyO2 offers this set of options, @Anonymous 

1000012376.png

Taking multiple numbers off one account does need you to call O2 on 202 or contact O2 via Social Media:

O2 Social Media

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

And this is also available in MyO2:

pgn_0-1706527175929.png