How to Pay Your Bill (Contract)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

CONTRACT PHONES

*Direct debit
This is the method which is part of O2 terms and conditions when you take out a contract phone and is certainly the most convenient way to pay your monthly bill. Account details are given at start of contract and O2 automatically set up direct debit. Paying via direct debit ensures your bill is paid on time. O2 will email the customer the day after the bill is produced. Your account will be debited 14 days later. You can check your bill via My O2

If you haven't got a direct debit and wish to change to this method, then follow the instructions below.

*Phone customer services on 202 and ask them to set up a direct debit for you.

Or...

*Print off this Direct Debit Mandate, fill it in and send to the address on the form Direct Debit Mandate 

Other payment methods (if no Direct Debit)

*Credit or Debit card

*Over the phone by calling 202, free from your mobile.
*Via your My O2 account at http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

*Or via the My O2 app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2

*Automated Payment Line

Customers can pay using the automated payment line. Dial 2729 from your mobile or call 08005884217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay

*Paying by Cheque

To pay by cheque the customer must:

*Make all cheques payable to Telefónica UK Limited
 *Ensure account number is written on the back (If possible also send a copy of the invoice they are paying).
 *Cheques should be sent to: Telefónica UK Limited, P O Box 756, Camberley, GU15 3SS
 *Cheque payments can take up to 7 days to be processed once received

*Paying via Bank Transfer or BACS (For consumer customers not business)

Customers can contact their bank and ask to transfer an amount of money directly into O2’s account. When requesting the payment through their bank, the customer must include either their mobile number or o2 account number as a reference. This will enable O2 to make sure the payment is applied against the correct customer

*Paying at the Bank

Customers can simply go along to their bank with their bill and their preferred method of payment.

The customer should make the payment to the following bank account

• Bank: HSBC
  • Sort code: 40-02-50
  • Account number: 11245163 

*Mobile Banking Apps

Some banks are providing apps which allow you to pay your bill via this route. Customers need to check their own bank to see if this facility is available

*Via My O2 App (from Nov 2015)

New update now allows you to pay your device or airtime plan via the app.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apps/My-O2-updated-7-2-0/td-p/930081

For more info about billing in My O2 check out this video 

NB: For PAYG top up see here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/m-p/1156408#M32485

40 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
What does personal info after sort code mean? Is that what you actually quote? And what do all the asterisks mean?
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No. The stupid forum filter has removed it. Thanks for pointing that out I will have to look up the info again and see if can be posted @Marjo @Martin-O2 Can you help with this please? In fact could you check whether personal customers can still pay at the bank at all now? . Having searched I can only find that information if you are a business customer!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I've checked and you can still pay directly at the bank, using your mobile number as a reference. I'll update your guide so that the sort code is visible. 

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2. I will check it out later wink

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2I can confirm that the sort code is now visible again. Thanks for adding it wink

Sort code.PNG

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Awesome! Thanks for confirming @Cleoriff slight_smile

Anonymous
Not applicable

is this genuine 

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is what genuine?
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous. Everything in the guide is current and up to date. I amended it last week.

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you having problems? 

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Good guide, @Cleoriff thumbsup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to point out the sort code in the guide has been censored again, it’s visible in comments but might confuse someone who doesn’t scroll that far.
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous I edited the guidelines two days ago. It must have occurred then.

@Martin-O2could you re add it please.

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Never mind, the WiFi cyberwifi.es was the problem - switching to 4G on Movistar, mobile top-up with Mastercard all worked as it should...

Destroy

Nothing to see here, move on. Crazy LOL

1rose1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How long do bank transfers normally take? I transferred money today because I am unable to direct debit at the moment (long story). I’m hoping it will clear before the 10th or apparently I’ll get charged 😞
MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Depends on your bank and how they transferred it. If BACS its immediately but otherwise 3 to 4 days. 

You’ll get a few days after the bill due date before o2 send you a reminder anyway so you should be fine. 

Amrs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agreed a part payment of my bill as I went over my usual amount. I called o2 today to pay the first half and they took my full card details as it was going through o2's system crashed and there was no record of my payment. My bank account has deducted the amount on available balance but o2 is not showing on my bank statement nor showing as pending. It seems as though the transaction is lost in limbo. O2 will charge me for late payment as I'm due to make payment by the 3rd however, the money I had to pay them has disappeared so I cant now pay by the 3rd. My bank has said the money will either go to o2 or reappear on my account so far neither has happened. Can anyone advise?
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
@Amrs If O2 haven't taken your money it will appear back in your back in your bank within a couple of days as it will be a pending transaction. You can only keep checking your bank and contacting customer services unfortunately.
pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

And, @Amrs, if you're contacting O2 Customer Services, ask the agent you talk to to make a note on your account that you called about a contested payment - they don't always note what they should (or they don't always read what has been noted!) on your account.

Good luck!

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
@pgn, thanks for that. As you may remember I am still having problems with every blog article, in that I can't link to anything as there is nothing at the top of my reply box. I've asked @Marjo to move this as it really should be out on the open forum.
shuttleworth
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone know how i can make a payment on my bill with an australian bank card. Im currently in oz for 2 years studying and still using my uk phone but when i try to add my Australian bank card to pay my bill it wont accept the billing address 🤔
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
@shuttleworth. You can only pay with UK cards. It won't accept any other. Maybe get someone in the UK to pay for you and you can reimburse them?
IvayloAndreev
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello i want to pay for my broadband but they dont accept payment
Jammy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am having problems paying one of my contracts and I'm wanting to chat to an online guru about this but cant find out where I can do this like I used to before. Please can you advise me on this.
Jammy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Payment problems
jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Jose
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I make the bank transfer how can I be sure that you know that it’s me paying it.
Should I use a special reference?
Can you give me one?
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jose 

*Paying via Bank Transfer or BACS (For consumer customers not business)

Customers can contact their bank and ask to transfer an amount of money directly into O2’s account. When requesting the payment through their bank, the customer must include either their mobile number or o2 account number as a reference. This will enable O2 to make sure the payment is applied against the correct customer

Musovboro
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I've already paid my monthly bill with my debit card does this mean nothing will be taken from my bank on due date?
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Musovboro 

As long as it was paid 5 days before your due bill date then you should be ok.

Belfastgal58
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to say, I have spent the last five hours trying to make a final contract payment of £16.00. Trying to do that online and your 02 account is showing zero. Total disgrace. Waiting for 02 to call and still haven't contact me. I want to keep my original  number as I am going over to sim only. Won't do until they receive their payment. I am totally disgusted by their actions so I will send it by post. Has anybody else had trouble like this?

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Belfastgal58 

You can just upgrade to a simo through your MyO2.

You will retain your number and you will be asked to pay what you owe during checkout.

Belfastgal58
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope doesn't happen. Tried that. My account on Airtime and on contract was saying zero. 

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Then you have nothing to pay @Belfastgal58 ?

PaulMc1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Can you confirm the Cheque payment details and address please?

I have had a returned cheque from Royal Mail stating addressee gone away - but this is a PO Box?

Telefónica UK Limited, P O Box 756, Camberley, GU15 3SS

Where should I send the cheque payment?

Thanks

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PaulMc1 

We are just seeking clarification on this. @TheresaV and @Martin-O2 have you any news please?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Cleoriff@PaulMc1 we're waiting to hear back about the cheque postal address. We'll let you know as soon as we get confirmation on what the current address is. slight_smile

CoDoRowe
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Receiving a late payment notification on a Direct Debit. 

Has anyone else received a late payment notification for Airtime, when it is set up with Direct Debit and there is sufficient funds to pay it? What is worse is they are taking the funds for the Device Plan but not the Airtime?

What is happening O2, get your act together, you have been taking both payments together for months and this month you decide you are not and have the cheek to say you will add £6.00 if not paid in the next 4 days?

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CoDoRowe 

This is obviously O2's fault, unless you had insufficient funds in your bank

You should contact O2's payment management team.

You can reach them by calling -0800 902 0217.

SallyMo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't have an actual phone contract just an airtime contract which I've had since before O2 existed and was BT Cellnet !! (20 + years now) All I wanted to do was to be able to print off a bill payment slip - take to the bank and pay. My actual bill takes over a week to come (can - according to O2 take up to 2 weeks) and this will take me to a late payment charge. I have been photocopying a previous bill to make sure it is paid on time. I am not interested in BACS or credit/debit card payments (not secure over a mobile or landline for that matter.) DDs, automated payments or post. If my bill arrived on time it would be easy !! But thank you for your reply.