Did you mean: 

How can I sort out my network issues?

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Things to check before contacting O2:

If you haven’t already, check the Network Status Checker (http://status.o2.co.uk) for the exact postcode. If a fault shows on the live status page, O2 will already be working to fix it, and you’ll be able to register for Keep Me Posted updates. If not, O2 crowdsources data from all checks to alert them to any problems that they’re not already fixing.

1. Is it affecting others on O2? If yes, please get them to go on to Status Checker too.

2. Try switching your phone off and on, to refresh your network connection. If this doesn’t help, try selecting the network manually, using your device’s settings.

3. If you’re having issues in different areas, try testing your SIM in a different O2 device. If the issue then stops, this indicates a device fault. If a different O2 SIM works in your device, this indicates your SIM is faulty.

4. If no issues show and your phone/SIM are okay, keep an eye on Live Status Checker (updates may take up to an hour to show)

You can also check the device-specific internet and network coverage troubleshooter on the O2 help pages. You can select your device from the list, and it will then ask you some questions to help troubleshoot the issue and get more information. This can help you also figure out if the issue relates to e.g. settings on your phone rather than a network problem.

You can also try following the steps in the below video guide on network issues. 

For O2 to look into it further:

• Please go back to the same Social Media channel you were directed from, to confirm you’ve gone through the above fault diagnosis so they can investigate and raise the issue further.
  • If you’re contacting us for the first time, please let the O2 Social Media Team know you’ve already checked the above.
  • If you’re using a smartphone you can report the issue via the My Network app
  • If you prefer to call O2, Dial 202 for Pay Monthly 4445 for Pay As You Go or 8002 if you’re a  business customer

If your SIM is faulty, the best option is to pop into your nearest O2 shop: http://o2lin.kr/Po6TrH for a replacement SIM.

Once the live status page shows a fault has been fixed, you might need to turn your device off and on to refresh your network connection.

31 Comments
Mariaro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I  Have already tried to switch on and off. As I can send emails I don't think it is a problem with SIM card.

Maria

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions
Berry1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think it is a service issue need a customer adviser but can't get through. Tried for weeks and now blocked out as tried too many times. How do you get through to customer services does it even exist anymore due to lockdown
gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Have you checked your service status to see if there are any known issues in your area @Berry1 ?

I will tag our Gurus in this to see if they can provide any additional assistance @Thomaso1  @Anonymous 

Thomaso1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Berry1 I will message you now and see what we can do. Thanks @gmarkj 

gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Thanks @Thomaso1 .

You will see a number next to Private Messages in the top right after logging in (between Notifications and Unread Posts)

JJ12
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently moved from EE after 20 years and come to 02 but ever since i have, i have nothing but issues with my coverage.  There is NO reception indoors and its causing real problems with my work as no one can get hold of me!  Also not good coverage outside as the phone keeps cutting off m id conversation.  I am really at the end of my tether and have only moved to o2 about a month or so ago.

What is casuing this as i have tried all the self help thats been suggested but to no avail.

I am not impressed at all.

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

You need to call O2.

All numbers are in this guide

You can use Skype from your PC to call the free numbers if you have no phone available

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Steve14
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even O2 have admitted that they have had a connection problem for over a month now. In my opinion, 02 is not fit for purpose and yet I will be charged if I cancel my contract. Imagine, being charged for a connection that has not been working properly for over a month and who knows when it will finally be fixed. I have my mother who is almost 86, and i barely get to speak to her more than 3 minutes before my connection just cuts out. Unbelievable!!!

Steve14
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

JJ12 - O2 have serious network problems they are trying to keep quiet about. 

RooLaw
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

switching off and on has worked for me

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@RooLaw  Pleased to hear it 😂

M7
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was always a great company in the past but now I have given up all hope as I’ve had lousy reception for months. People constantly hang up on me as they say they can’t hear me properly or it’s muffled. My husband has perfect reception with his provider. O2 constantly says there are problems in the East Barnet but nothing ever changes. I cannot believe they are asking me to extend my contract which ends this month… I cannot wait to leave!

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Contract renewal process is triggered by approaching expiry of the current contract, @M7, regardless of whether or not O2 services your area.

I hope you have had better luck with your new provider - but if you are still with O2, have good home WiFi, and have a capable phone, try WiFi calling: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

MN1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how frequently does aq call or txt need to be made to keep the acct live?

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@MN1 

A chargeable call or top up at least once every 6 months.

SallyS264
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have attempted to contact o2 on 3 seperate occasions now to try and resolve signal issues, as I have logged in the call each time, the sim is in use by my son, I pay for it, he uses it, its part of the VM / o2 deal thing that I never wanted, where he has moved to there is no signal when he is indoors, or even purching the phone by the window, I have requested o2 support call HIM and I have even given security phrases to challenge / respond so they know they are talking to him but they keep saying they can't talk to him because I am the account holder, I can't answer the calls because 1.. I am working and 2.. I am not with him!

As this hasnt been resolved in the 3 attempts I have tried to make this fixable I want to know how I go about cancelling my contract due to o2 not being able to provide the service they are contracted to, ergo, o2 are in breach of contract for failure to supply services.

I await your reply.

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Hi @SallyS264 - this is a customer-led forum. I will tag ab O2 Advisor to see if they can help, but it does sound like you and your son need to tackle this together. @O2KyleW is on this evening, he may get back to you via PM here. Otherwise it will be Monday morning before any advisors are back on the forum.

You can always contact O2 via social media, links just below, @SallyS264.

Good luck!

O2 Social Media

pgn_0-1665854163830.jpeg

(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)

SallyS264
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your suggestion of " but it does sound like you and your son need to tackle this together" its not like I havent tried this, I've been there, seen the issues, he's got the app installed on his phone, I've contacted support and authorised him to talk on my behalf, as per their request, but they still refuse to talk to him when they call back, I think "o2" need to work with their customers not just shrug them off because they have been tricked into signing up via VM for this stupid volt deal, to the point I'm looking at moving away from VM for misleading the sale, I was also told everything would be on one bill now I have 2 bills, an o2 one and a VM one that are different dates.. and I've asked o2 to move the date via request to support and that was ignored too, so my rating of o2's service and support at the moment is a net 0...

I am not saying its your fault, but all customer services now a days across every company has become abismal, it used to be put the customer first, now its put the profit first..  the whole ethos of customer services has lost its meaning.

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@SallyS264 Yes, Customer Service is nowhere near as good as it was anywhere, perhaps with the exception of American Express Platinum Card Services, seen by many as the epitome of CS some decades back, not sure they are still up there now.

@O2KyleW may reach out to you, the advisors on here are pretty good, but in high demand ans work only short shifts on the Forum.

Regarding Volt, nothing in the Volt Offer indicates a common VM and O2 billing date, although that may yet come as VMO2 rationalise services. Sadly, the merger has meant the VM Call Centres, traditionally not great, are now answering O2 Service Calls - and their Sales Teams are renown for getting the wrong end of the stick when it comes to clinching a sale.

This discussion is cluttering up the Network Troubleshooting Guide, so I hope you get some help soon, @SallyS264 - good luck.

Shrek999
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with 02 for years and recently I keep getting dropped off the network. It just keeps saying emergency calls only. 

I have been in to the o2 shop and they have replaced my sim card as that's what the sales guy thought it could be and that was the general consensus on some internet chats (not yourselves)

It is doing it again so wondering if it's another issue

I currently run a duel sim on a samsung s22 ultra (i use Vodaphone data ) and 02 for calls and texts as where I work, I need Vodaphone as they have a mast on site.

Now i'm told by o2 that o2 and vodaphone share the same masts and network? 

Im looking at cancelling o2 as I dont see the point of 2 sims but am still in contract with o2 until march/april next year

Any advive would be a help.

Many thanks

Neil 

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

If you have good WiFi, and have a capable phone, try WiFi calling, @Shrek999:

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

If that does not work, you can always request help from a Forum O2 Advisor from 8am Monday.

Good luck!

Kellyb
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my phone blocked in may 22 because i lost it, i had it unblocked the next day because i found my phone. Since then, ive not been able to receive/sent texts or calls or use my data. Ive had several new sims which i cant activate because i cant receive the text they need to send me to swap sim. Anyone have any ideas as ive contacted o2 several times to no resolution

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Kellyb - This is a customer-led forum. I will tag an O2 Advisor to see if they can help, but you won't get a reply until @O2Sarah- comes on duty at 8am in the morning. If you wish, you can also get in touch with O2's Social Media Team tomorrow after 8am, links here:

O2 Social Media

(Twitter Instagram | Facebook)

Or go into an O2 shop with your phone and some photo id. Good luck!

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn  😊

@Kellyb I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

KMarshall
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm leaving O2 after spending the majority of my 18 month contract with poor signal coverage and even worse customer service. It appears that its not just me (even though O2 will have you believe that).

After months of toing and froing and no one wanting to take responsibility and admit that there is an issue I have thrown in the towel and will pay myself out of this awful contract, so congratulations O2 you win...... or have you? You have just lost another customer.

NB. I have had to resort to this forum has the people paid by O2 cannot/or do not want to hold their hands up and help rectify the issue.

@O2Sarah- 

Kellyb
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve tried all of this and i still have no services, 12 month later! O2 do not help me at all. Just keep sending me new sims! Im leaving o2 because of it

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Screenshot_20230418-062820.png

As I have said previously, @Kellyb:

"This is a customer-led forum. I will tag an O2 Advisor to see if they can help, but you won't get a reply until @O2Sarah- comes on duty at 8am. If you wish, you can also get in touch with O2's Social Media Team after 8am, links here:

O2 Social Media

(Twitter Instagram | Facebook)

Or go into an O2 shop with your phone and some photo id. Good luck!"

However, should you be on contract and wish to leave, here is how: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck!

Alnjo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With no signal I can't check signal coverage,  I have had the sim card replaced and still the same issue persists.

It's really annoying,  I can stand under a mast in a city and still get no signal.

pgn
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Alnjo - you can check coverage, with O2's My Network app - it will log a report via WiFi:

1000008170.png

And the app registration permits you to be kept apprised of mast issues in any areas of interest also. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Do register - it uses a different credential and registration system from MyO2 and the Forum here. Good luck!

unifaerie
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had an Esim  ordered for me by the resolution team. How do I receive it? Via postal service or to MyO2 app?