Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Guide: Registering on the Forum.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hopefully, this guide will walk you through the forum registration process, but why register?

You will be able to create a topic to get help, reply to other posts to offer help, give Kudos, chat with other members and fully join in with all the fun and competitions on offer in our friendly O2 family forum. 

If you are on a monthly contract just sign in to the forum here https://community.o2.co.uk/ using your normal MyO2 sign in details then go directly to here  https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile to choose your username (see below for more details on this).

That's all you need to do and you can join in immediately.

If you are PAYG, firstly, you need to go here https://community.o2.co.uk/

Then click on "Register"

1.PNG

Follow the registration link on the next page.

2.PNG

Enter your (UK) phone number in the box provided and click on "send me the code"

3.PNG

On the next page, enter the code sent and click "continue"

4.PNG

Now enter your name and date of birth,

5.PNG

Your email address,

6.PNG

Create a password,

7.PNG

and set your security question (this can be different to your main O2 security question and password, if you wish).

Make sure you also select the marketing options that you prefer.

8.PNG

Review the T&C's then click on "register now"

9.PNG

That's the registration process completed and O2 will send an email to the address you gave for verification purposes.

10.PNG

Click the link on the email sent to you.

14.PNG

and you will be directed to this page.

Click on "My Settings"

11.PNG

This is where you need to choose your username (this name will appear on the forum) so make sure it's what you want to keep and that it fits within the community guidelines)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Community-Guidelines/m-p/1119678

12.PNG

Finally, choose if you want to receive emails from the forum in connection with your posts or threads that you post on.

13.PNG

You can now go to the forum home page and join in with the discussions, start a new thread or just introduce yourself and say "Hi"

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Welcome-to-the-O2-community-Introduce-yourself-here/m-p/1...

We look forward to meeting you and welcome Welcome

24 Comments
pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Brilliant idea, @MI5!

And if you've registered here many moons ago, before they switched to using your e-mail address, ie your community userrname is just a nickname, you won't be able to start new discussions until you accept the prompt on login to switch to using your e-mail address to sign-in...

O2CommunitySignIn.PNG

This was the first topic I think I posted (with great difficulty!) about in the Community - not easy when you can only Respond to existing discussions and cannot post a completely new discussion starter of your own! Thanks!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @MI5 really great guide that will be super useful for those reading the Community who then want to participate! I'll get it moved over to the guides section shortly. cool

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks guys and good tip @pgn thumbsup

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for taking the time to make this guide @MI5! Hoping this will be helpful to those struggling with the registration as I know it's not the simplest process. I like the introduce yourself link at the bottom too. slight_smile

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think the problem area is after you have registered and that you need to go into settings to choose your username. That part isn't clear on the website when going through the process.
Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good feedback there, cheers! What would you suggest for making it clearer, just a note on the page informing of next steps perhaps, or something else? Any other "pain points" you could idenfify while doing this exercise? slight_smile

Also thanks @pgn for your thoughts too and the screenshot. thumbsup

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Everything else was straightforward and self explanatory tbh. 

I guess it would help if after clicking the verification link in the email you were taken directly to the settings to choose your screen name rather than taken back to the homepage of the forum. 

You can’t  post until create a username so pointless being taken anywhere else imo. 

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great guide @MI5. Should make things a lot easier for new members.

I can't remember going through all that when I registered. Or maybe my memory isn't what it was?

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I can’t remember either but I’m sure the linking of email and choosing username was different back then? 

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure about that ...though I was never sent a code to my phone?

(If it had been difficult, I wouldn't be here now LOL)

Either way, this guide takes everyone through the process step by step. If I can understand it, so can anyone slight_smile

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Excellent Guide @MI5 should prove extremely useful to new members.

I think I went through this process when I joined. Certainly remember the email and the code to my phone. Seems a lifetime ago now 😊
MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're part of the furniture now @Glory1 wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent guide @MI5 alth when I registered a few years ago I don’t remember being sent a code, just the email 

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah a new feature mate to prevent multiple accounts and anti-spam I guess.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That could be true my friend 

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @MI5 that's a nice compliment and good to know 😊😂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm definitely looking forward to the live Q & A sessions with O2 experts!! Who should we expect? @MI5, @darrengf @Marjo or @Martin-O2? 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You can expect me probably 😂

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good stuff @MI5 smile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very easy to understand - like all the screen shots slight_smile

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great guide @MI5!

Really useful for prospective members slight_smile

Nice job

cschan_uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I've had a Family Plan discount which I have enjoyed over the past year. I have just renewed my contracts along with all my family members with O2. Do I still automatically receive the Family Plan discount, or do I need to reapply for it again? Also, when do I see the discounts applied- the second bill following renewal? Many thanks in advance for replying to my question!

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I wonder how much the sign-up process has changed, with the Khoros update last week?