Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Guide To Upgrading Your O2 Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a guide to upgrading your O2 mobile phone & tariff

Upgrading your Pay Monthly mobile

You can upgrade your Pay Monthly phone online in a few clicks. To see if you can upgrade, sign in to your My O2.

Keeping your phone

If you're happy with your current phone, there's the option to switch to one of the sim only tariffs.
Or, you could get credit added to your bill for closing your contract without choosing a new phone.

Upgrading with O2

To upgrade:

Sign in to My O2 and choose a phone
Call them free from your mobile on 202
Call them from a landline on 0344 8090202 (standard rates apply)
Visit one of their stores. To find your nearest store check online or use the store locator
You can also take out a custom plan with O2. See here for details

This part explains how you track your new O2 order

How to track your order

New customers – device orders

If you've ordered a device from o2 it'll be delivered by courier. Once you've received an email telling you your device has been dispatched, you can track the delivery online at My O2 on the My Orders page.

New customers – sim only

If you've ordered a sim only deal, your sim will be delivered by Royal Mail, 1st Class post. It'll usually be delivered the next day, but please allow 5 working days.

Existing Pay Monthly customers – device orders

If you're an existing Pay Monthly customer expecting a replacement, or have upgraded to a new device, you can track your order at My O2.

Upgrading your device

When can I upgrade?

You can find out when you can upgrade in your My O2

You'll be able to upgrade for free if you've already paid off your Device Plan, or your contract has come to an end.

If you're on O2 Refresh, you can pay off the rest of your Device Plan and upgrade whenever you like. And if you're on standard contract, you might be able to pay a fee to upgrade early, if your contract hasn't come to an end yet.

How do I upgrade?

Just visit the O2 Upgrades page and enter your My O2 sign in details to get started. If you need to pay an early upgrade fee, or your remaining Device Plan balance, it will be added to your basket, along with your upgrade order.

You can also find them in store or contact them to talk about your upgrade options.

The only thing I would add is to recommend going in store unless you want to find that the phone is out of stock, O2 have taken your money but you can get a refund after 10 working days

Hope this helps you when you upgrade your next O2 device

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/upgrading-your-device

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly

Thanks for taking the time to read this

28 Comments
Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great guide @Anonymous Well done you..:smileywink:

I have just skimmed it at the moment...will go back and read more in depth later...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much @Cleoriff
jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nice concise clear guide @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @jonsie just need to edit the headings slightly then it will look much better
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks @jonsie just need to edit the headings slightly then it will look much better

Yes @Anonymous that would be the only improvement necessary wink Is your edit function working now? I seem to remember you had problems with that when you did your last guide?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is working @Cleoriff I'm currently editing the headings
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks great now @Anonymous All sections headed etc....Very eye catching and easy to understand....:smileywink:

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nice and clear, good guide.
Thanks slight_smile
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Looks great now @Anonymous All sections headed etc....Very eye catching and easy to understand....:smileywink:

thank you very much for your kind words @Cleoriff

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Nice and clear, good guide.
Thanks slight_smile

Most welcome 

Thanks very much @MI5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really good guide @Anonymous. Objective and provides all the information relevant to upgrades slight_smile

Fantastic

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only thing I would add is to recommend going instore unless you want to find that the phone is out of stock, o2 have taken your money but you can get a refund after 10 working days wink

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the contribution @jonsie
jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Just telling it like it is....
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's how it should be
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good info from @jonsie. I am sure @Toby will open it to re-edit when he approves this great guide :smileyhappy:..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll ask him on Monday @Cleoriff
blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous handy guide slight_smile well done
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much @blissgirl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job @Anonymous!

If you need to edit anything just let me know and I'll do it for you. Also I will send it to the team to double check that all the info is correct.

Fantastic 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous please may you re open it so I can add what @jonsie has suggested
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

One query @Anonymous When you did the first edit it was brilliant (because you did all the section headings in bold which improved the presentation. It was easy to read and understand) I notice all those bold section headings have now disappeared?.....

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to happen every time an edit Is made after the headings have been changed
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It seems to happen every time an edit Is made after the headings have been changed

Maybe @Anonymous or @Toby will re-open it for you to re-do the bold headings? You said it looked better presented that way. (I hope you don't mind me saying) Fear wink

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous,

Just PM me with a time slot that you need for editing and I'll open it up for you. Feel free to do this at any time slight_smile

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll pm you later then @Toby
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I did @Cleoriff but it was annoying that after editing, the headings would go back to normal

Grrr slight_smile
Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Congrats on finding this upgrade guide @pgn which I had completely forgotten about.

(You referred to it in your post here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract