cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
The service in the greater leeds area is currently down, arroound 185 cell sites are currently offline due to error and will hopefully be resolved within 24hrs.
Message 51 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
186 down in Leeds and surrounding areas to be exact! That was at 19:30 though
Message 52 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in London (near Heathrow) and I lost service on Friday evening and it's been displaying "no service" since then. I've rung up constantly to customer services, only to be told that there was maintenance going on and it'll be back again soon. Both my sister and I have complained. I have an iPhone - does this make a difference? My sister is on O2 as well, but her phone is working fine and we live in the same house!!! When we try to ring my number, instead of going to voicemail it tells us that my number is not recognised. I used to be Pay and Go, only switched to Pay Monthly last week and now this. I hope they don't expect me to pay a bill for NO SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 53 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in northern ireland and i have had NO service on my o2 sim only ohone since friday at 4pm, it is now sunday evening...i rung 02 on both friday and saturday and they have said that this is their number 1 priority sorted asap to get it...what a joke!!
Message 54 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in South Derbyshire and switched to O2 basically because I couldn't get a signal/reception at home on any other mobile network. Since the summer the O2 signal has got worse and worse, and the past couple of weeks it's been awful. Does anyone know why this is? It's just like someone's switched a transmitter off!
Message 55 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live just outside Leeds and have been having signal problems since early last week. It started off with the internet having connection problems, now it's gotten worse and i'm having problems making and recieving calls, and the same with text messages. It shows nearly full signal, but it just isn't connecting calls 😐 This is pretty frustrating as my phone is the main source of contact with friends etc. I have the right mind to phone o2 customer service and see what the crack is...that's if my phone actually connects. Argh!
Message 56 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had problems with calls etc then I turned off my 3G thing and its worked fine. Now and again my other half turns his 3G back on to see how his phone is as hes having the same problems and its still knackered. Its pointless ringing O2 customer Service as they are no help whatsoever. There must be a 3G problem somewhere but they just havent got a clue.
Message 57 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,
Have posted in the other forums but hadn't seen this.

My phone lost it's ability to call/text on Saturday 29th November. The aerial icon under my signal strength had been replaced with 3G, but any attempt to call someone resulted in 'connection error'.

I went into the O2 shop and was told that some 3G upgrade was being done (the guy was a bit vague) but he thought my 10 year old sim couldn't handle the upgrade that had been done thus far.

The solution was for me to be given a new replacement sim, and this did the trick. I now permanently get 3G under my signal strength and can make calls/text.

So, if your sim is quite old, I would suggest getting a free replacement one from your local O2 shop. You need to remember to back up contacts (or transfer them from sim to phone first).

For info, I use a N73 on pay monthly.

Good luck,
Chirpy
Message 58 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its not the Sim. O2 have sent me 2 out and neither sorted the problem. Ever since ive turned off my 3G and used GSM on its own I have no problem.
Message 59 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see this thread hasn't been posted on in a couple of months, but I and a few other friends on o2 are experiencing some of these problems. We are not sure if it is due 2 the weather. We do not have 3g, but we are having problems with sending txts and also cant call out, or no-one can call us.This started early evening on Fri 6th Feb 09. The fact that a few of us are affected seems to point to it being a network problem, but checked link found on this thread and everything seems to be fine in this area.
Message 60 of 727