Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compensation text from o2

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I have just had a text from o2, about the outage last week. Informing me that I will get 10% off my bill, and £10 to spend in the o2 shop in September.
Thanks very much I never even asked for anything. Nice good will offer though. Cheers
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you were told you were affected and would get the discount, ring O2 and query it, not all customers were.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 31 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The VOUCHER was £10 to spend in store during September, so yes, you have now missed that. The money off your bill was 10% (not £) on your September bill if you were effected by the outage (you would have been sent a text if you were).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was as clear as mud. Not only was i not told i had to ring up for the 10%off and would would have to prove i was affected, i found out i'd also lost the £10 voucher as it was from the 1st sept, and as i have 2 phones that was £20 i've missed out on. As soon as my contarct finishes i'll be taking my business elsewere.

Message 33 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can't please everyone........!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This was all in the national press and on television and on the O2 main page for weeks, I can't understand there are still people who are saying they've missed it, or have misunderstood how to claim.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

i used my voucher for a universal car charger...which was broke!

ive still got it here. its more hassle than its worth to take it back and exchange. i'll just buy one off ebay for £4

Message 36 of 36