Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your feedback on the Community Search page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, I hope you're having a good day today!

As you may know, we've been doing some work in the background to improve the community forum and continue doing that in 2018. One of the areas we will be looking at is the Search page of the community. 

Since you guys as community members are using the search the most, we'd like to ask what you think of the current forum Search, and if there's anything that you would improve?

We're especially looking for your opinions on how to improve the search results page.

Looking forward to your thoughts. slight_smile

Feedback Thanks!

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have recently started using another "community", it too is based on Lithium and is just as addle-pated when it comes to "Do you really mean..." type stuff.

Google, using "inurl:community.o2.co.uk" in the search string along with whatever you are looking for is much more reliable.

Message 11 of 69

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for all your comments so far, much appreciated. thumbsup 

Additional question related to the search: do you ever use the Users tab when you search?

Message 12 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Cheers for all your comments so far, much appreciated. thumbsup 

Additional question related to the search: do you ever use the Users tab when you search?

No never used that @Marjo. If I am searching for something it will be a topic say WiFi Calling. To search by user means you have to know which user actually posted the topic you are looking for.

Whist we are on this subject, whatever happened to Boardreader?

That was great, it gave you Alexa graphs of posting stats etc etc? Missed having access to that. We lost it about 2 years ago I think?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 69

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

How useful is a search function on a technical board/forum that insists on presenting what it thinks you should have typed...?LOL

20**Personal info** 22_50_15-Search - O2 Community.png

Message 14 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Exactly my point.

It doesn't recognise the real words (which have been posted many times) and presents you with posts which have no relevance to what you are attempting to find.....A real waste of space.

I just google stuff now and precede each google search with 'O2'. Amazing how much that search engine can find Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 69

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

I just google stuff now and precede each google search with 'O2'. Amazing how much that search engine can find Rolleys

Precede it with "inurl:Community.o2.co.uk" for real power searches D'oh!

Sometimes you'd wish it hadn't found some results grimacing

Message 16 of 69

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@pgnwrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Precede it with "inurl:Community.o2.co.uk" for real power searches D'oh!

Sometimes you'd wish it hadn't found some results grimacing

Que? scream

Message 17 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo

I've only recently returned to the community, but I notice that the "Community Ideas" section is now missing. Has that been put on hold for any reason?

Edit: apologies for going off on a tangent, but I've been "searching", and I can't find it Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 69

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Marjo

I've only recently returned to the community, but I notice that the "Community Ideas" section is now missing. Has that been put on hold for any reason?

Edit: apologies for going off on a tangent, but I've been "searching", and I can't find it Smiley Frustrated

I'm sure that the section has been closed down now.

Message 19 of 69

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome back! slight_smile

Yeah @jonsie is correct, the Ideas section was archived back in December, so that's why you can't find it. Very much appreciated all the ideas posted by community members, however the process at the moment on our end wasn't working as well as we were hoping - so that particular style of board was archived. Doesn't mean we don't want to hear your ideas though, so if you have any and want to share and discuss with other members, please do pop it in the Feedback board. We share feedback and ideas from there regularly with O2. slight_smile

Message 20 of 69