cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending texts to Australia

Anonymous
Not applicable
My friend has gone out to Australia and has got a Vodafone Australia sim card. The only problem is that she's not getting any texts from people on O2 here - she can text me (I'm on O2) and receive texts from Orange UK, just not receive from O2 UK.

Has anyone else had this problem? And what can she do about it?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
My son regularly texts an Australian mobile in Melbourne.Are you using the country code which I believe is +61 ? :robotindifferent:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah. In fact I'm replying to the texts I'm receiving from her. The number starts +61451... I have tried sending a fresh text (i.e. not just hitting reply) but no joy.

Do you know what network he's texting to?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoke to O2 and apparently it's because it's a new number range on Voda so it's just waiting to be added onto the network and should be done in the next few days.

Thanks O2 grin I thought I was going to be completely stuck.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing to do with O2 they say. There are hundreds of us trying to text Australia on O2 and they arn't getting thru. Wat you need to do as per advice of O2 agents is go buy another provider simply for texting Oz, I'm now with EE for texting Oz. That crock about your sim, they'll try anything to avoid accepting fault. The fact your friend or family are on voda, suggests it's O2's problem as the rest of us are trying to contact Optus. Shame on you O2.
Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

why dig up a 3 year old post

If you have an issue then follow o2 complaints procedure here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 6