cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME TRICKS TO OVERCOME THE CRASH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some tricks i found for using the phone during this crash:

For using the phone (call, recieve calls) : Put 3G in OFF (settings-general-network). Then your O2 signal will appear.

For using 3G: Put 3G in ON (settings-general-network). BUT your phone (call, recieve calls and imessage) will not work. You can use other messaging programs.

Hope this helps, RSZ

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx that works... but why has network been down for 24 hours + and O2 still haven't posted anything???
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
No clue... I am just an O2 user... just found it playing around with the phone...
Message 3 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thx that works... but why has network been down for 24 hours + and O2 still haven't posted anything???

It's on the home page and it's been on the service status since 2pm yesterday, also on Twitter and Facebook.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fine if you could get any O2 signal at all, it's been over 12 hours without a cellular data signal, let alone 3G.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... If this is the case i think they should have put it in the O2 initial web page to make sure everybody bumps into that information. (Its not rocket science, considering thousand of people are affected)...
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went onto "live chat" and got... Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon. We’re having some network issues at the moment. Our engineers are already aware and they’re working to fix this as quickly as they can. It would be great if they could quantify "quickly"... what a pain!
Message 7 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well... If this is the case i think they should have put it in the O2 initial web page to make sure everybody bumps into that information. (Its not rocket science, considering thousand of people are affected)...

True, and I've raised that with O2 on many occasions, perhaps they'll listen this time.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is now a service update message on the O2 home page.
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, managed a call and text after12 hours silence
Message 10 of 21