cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service in store and lack of response from online and phone customer services teams

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with 02 for many years. I was overdue update grade on my account and came to the O2 shop to discuss on Saturday 2nd Feb. The sales assistant made an error in his quote to me Id asked for an iphone 4S 32GB but he quoted a deal that was only applicable to 4S 16GB making the deal sound more competitive than it was. I already have 32GB with my existing iphone and was not prepared to go lower than this. I was told the only way around this was to cancel the contract as he had already activated it and the phone. This meant that I had to wait till the next day to allow the system to upload the contract before it could be cancelled... I did this and was told that this would take effect within 24 hours and that I should then contact O2 by phone or online to explore the best deals as the phone I wanted wasn't in stock anyway. 

I've checked online and the system every day since and it says I'm not now due an upgrade until Jan 2015 even though that contract was supposedly cancelled. I tried to call and the call was aborted by the system for the same reason. I then called back using a different option and was kept on hold for over 20 minutes with no reply. I hung up and tried an "instant" online web chat instead and after two messages thanking me for waiting I gave up on that too. 

I just want to talk to someone who can sort this mess out. I was due an upgrade in Aug 2012. I can't believe it's been this painful to organise. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Persevere with 202 and speak to a real person (forget the chat option - it won't be any help to you). The system will take time to catch up with your upgrade date, which is why you need a real person to over-ride this and progress an update now for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Persevere with 202 and speak to a real person (forget the chat option - it won't be any help to you). The system will take time to catch up with your upgrade date, which is why you need a real person to over-ride this and progress an update now for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks will do : )

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Did you speak to the store again to find out why it hasn't cancelled?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I haven't - would usually but working away at the mo. I did managed to get thru by phone today tho and the lady I spoke to was great. V v helpful so all sorted now I think. Faith has been restored! Thanks for your help : )
Message 5 of 5