cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to thank 02 for making it nigh on impossible to request my PAC code, have decided it is much easier to just take on a new number.  I won't be coming back.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ideas have to support business decisions too.
Just my opinion....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And if we didn't promote new ideas then any business 'could' grind to a halt.

I am simply looking at making better use of resources.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ok..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 36

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Of course they want you to stay and would like to talk to you. However if the option is there the customer has a choice whether to just get the PAC or call. To be honest, the problem actually getting the PAC would make people more determined to leave thus defeating the object of talking to them. Half of the time they can't match an existing offer elsewhere and offer a little discount off the air time.

Message 14 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Put it this way.
You are the ceo and I come to you and say "I've got a great idea that will make it easier for people to leave"......
What would you say back to me?

Currently using:
Message 15 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Put it this way.
You are the ceo and I come to you and say "I've got a great idea that will make it easier for people to leave"......
What would you say back to me?

I would say "You have already given customers the option to unlock their phones and move to a new network so allow them freedom of choice and let's give CS less stress"....

However I am not the CEO...I am a customer..and looking to make things easier for customers...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Getting a PAC doesn't mean you are leaving.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 36

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really want an answer to that?

I know what I would say a from the aspect of a company that was once unsurpassed for customer service. 

How many customers do you think Retentions actually save? Only the ones who threaten to leave to see if they can get a discount on airtime or something off the upfront fee. We both know that there will be no offers on top end phones, no price matching and no amount of discount will be any use if you aren't getting a good signal, which is one of the many reasons people want and have to leave for.

Message 18 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree and I'm not saying it's a bad idea but looking at it from O2"s perspective, which is what I said first off, I can't see it happening.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 36

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Possibly not but if you don't ask the question then things will never change. You can get everything else in My O2 so getting a PAC would be a natural progression, just as getting your PUK and unlocking your phone was progress. 90% of people unlocking are leaving anyway.

...and whilst we are on the subject of My O2, why not an option to report your phone lost/stolen?

Message 20 of 36