cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community - Default to Discussions view on "Unread Posts" click?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

When I log onto the O2 Community board, I usually head for the "Unread Posts" link at top right. 

Is there a way I can get this to land me on the Discussions tab rather than the Posts tab? 

Not immediately obvious in the many options in "My Settings" or "Preferences"... 

Screenshot_20170820-155144_01.png

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Now I just keep clicking on "Next" until I reach the oldest then work forward from there.

Yes, @Beenherebefore I do that too, my clumbsy explanation above  ^  ^  ^  maybe didn't make that clear ...

Oooo to think like you = I'm in exalted company for a nanosecond LOL ... I like you BHB & the succinct way you express yourself, not to forget you make me laugh with your witicisms Fantastic

Message 41 of 49

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For those who are interested in sorting Unread Posts by discussions rather than posts, you can bookmark this link: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread

I use discussions rather than posts, so I've got that bookmarked and clicking on it in my bookmarks bar takes me directly to the page pre-sorted by discussions rather than posts.

Message 42 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Now I just keep clicking on "Next" until I reach the oldest then work forward from there.

Though you would agree that it changed @Beenherebefore? Previously if you clicked on a post it took you to the first unread post in that thread. (Always denoted by the word (NEW) next to it? )

May I just say credit to you @Cleoriff for sticking with this like a terrier with a bone - Cleo' will know I say this as a sincere compliment to her ... I have kudo'd you Cleo & others in this thread

Message 43 of 49

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Though you would agree that it changed @Beenherebefore? Previously if you clicked on a post it took you to the first unread post in that thread. (Always denoted by the word (NEW) next to it? )

I'll be totally honest........I don't know.

That's because I've always used the "Unread Posts" facility as I described because I saw the latest post listed at position 1 so I went to the end of the list and worked forward.

To me it was logical....but I agree with you......why would I want to read the latest first and work back to the oldest.

My logic told me to go to the end and work forward.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 44 of 49

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

In fact this unread post issue was first mentioned on my More Forum issues thread way back on the 10th February 2017 here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/More-Forum-Issues/m-p/1038497/highlight/true#M901...

Numerous regulars posted about it. @Toby was looking into it but it was never resolved.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 49

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thank you, @MichaelL - I shall use that bookmark.
Message 46 of 49

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

In fact this unread post issue was first mentioned on my More Forum issues thread way back on the 10th February 2017 here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/More-Forum-Issues/m-p/1038497/highlight/true#M901...

Numerous regulars posted about it. @Toby was looking into it but it was never resolved.

Thinking about it further, it should be an easy re-code to list the "Unread Posts" with the oldest post first rather than the newest post first, but then.........no, I will resist levelling any criticism at O2's website team.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 47 of 49

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Well, it will be fixed soon! As we told you, with the next push September 22 thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 48 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well I've just logged on. My bookmark and home page us unread posts. I start with the first thread and work my way down. This has always worked just how I like it, go straight to the first unread post in that thread.....until 6 months ago. 

Bear in mind I've just logged on and clicked on this thread. It took me to the last post and as there have been maybe 15 new posts today, that's a lot of scrolling back on a mobile

Message 49 of 49